Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Is the iconx any good?

thejackle

West Coast Spartons
Apr 7, 2009
lancashire darwen
new marker proto matrix?

ok so instead of buying bb gun made in blackpool im looking at a proto matrix rail

http://www.shop.justpaintball.co.uk/acatalog/Proto_Rail_Black.html £150

or the proto matrix

http://www.shop.justpaintball.co.uk/acatalog/Proto_Matrix_SLG_Olive.html £117

the rail TOP ONE is right at the top of my bugget but if its worth spending the extra then hey ill sell an ear i never use them any way lol

any advice as always helpful or is there a different marker for simmaler price?

thanks

ok also just been offered 2 smart parts ephinys has any one used them what did they think? £120

ps thinking of buying new because were new to paintballin so we have manufactures warrenty and so on, but im pretty handy stripped two old tippmans and replaced evrythin with a little help from you tube lol now in good workin order

ant290

BOOOOM!
May 15, 2007
Southampton
ant290.wixsite.com
the rail is deffo a good marker.
im getting one of the 09 ul slg's soon because they are also really good for the price.
just got an older rail to use as a back up marker as they are rly easy to maintain and are reliable too :)

would definately recommend as a new team you all get the same kind of marker. ie all go for proto's or all go for empires. whatever u get if u get it as a team there will more likely be spares around if other people have the same gun. Also if one of the team are better at diagnosing/ fixing problematic markers you will have an easier time getting it working again :)

whereabouts are you basing your team??
are there other local teams about?

thejackle

West Coast Spartons
Apr 7, 2009
lancashire darwen
new team

Is it worth paying the extra for the rail its about £32 ? oh also been offered 2 proto pm5 for 100 each

basicaly were in lancashire me and a friend / blackpool My brother. were about 20 min from preston were theres a team and 35 min from manchester were theres a couple of teams and a gud training ground so im told im thinkin of asking a coulpe of people to guest to help us as were newbies:rolleyes:

ant290

BOOOOM!
May 15, 2007
Southampton
ant290.wixsite.com
ye i hear there is a good ground in manchester.
in my opinion the decision between rail and slg is entirely personal preference.
the rail will feel slightly more sturdy in your hands wheras the slg is a little lighter.
most of the tournaments are lowering their ball per second rates so as long as you like your gun and it is reliable its a good gun in that sense.

the pm5's will be a really good starting marker as they should still last a good long time if looked after properly. if you are looking to get a full setup you need to think about hoppers aswell because a gravity hopper will not feed fast enough for you to stand a chance on a tourney field.

if you know any body from a local team or anyone with their own gun then they may be kind enough to let you try it :)

good luck starting your team :)

thejackle

West Coast Spartons
Apr 7, 2009
lancashire darwen
ya i got offered a load of paintball stuff of a friend ex site cherpy cheap 4 markers but he also had the spyder mr2 which at time looked awsome lol so i bought the lot for 200 co2 tank hoppers balls evrythin had a laugh with freinds but i wanted to see it Mr2 with a propper hopper on and i intended to go to a site with it so had a look around on ebay and ended up buying the rotor lol i dont do things by halfs lol

so after having a play and the spyder cocking up evry 5 seconds i got fed up didnt want to take it to a site just to fix it all day came across a tounament video and :eek: light bulb moment so looking to thow our selves in at the deep end also need air tanks oh and battle packs, pots bags barel socks team kits pads lol any 1 won the lottery ? or want ther car washing? :D

Rat

eating brick!
Sep 18, 2005
worcester UK
as your only 35 mins from manchester, why not pop into planet eclipse store at trafford? here are other stores in the locality too that will let you have a feel of kit and try stuff on/out, before you buy.

thejackle

West Coast Spartons
Apr 7, 2009
lancashire darwen
Ive been down to get some co2s filled but diddnt try anything on going bk though to find a mask cos mine is reall uncomfy i wana get these markers sorted tonight got a few options -

new
proto matrix SLG £117 (like the idea of new as we pik colour warenty etc)

proto matrix rail £149 (new)

second hand

proto pm5 £100 deliverd

money is a bit tight need to keep costs down, but if the advantage is woth the outlay hen im happy come guys where would your cash be?

b.johnson

Mar 9, 2009
I've got a pmr and a pm5 and although the pm5 is older it will shoot better than the pmr. I'd take them.

thejackle

West Coast Spartons
Apr 7, 2009
lancashire darwen
i still havent :mad: struggling to find a proper reveiw for the pmr id prefer new but thers no point if second hand are better markers?:confused:

ps is there any big advantages to gettin a 4500 psi air tank or will 3000 do the job?