Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Is the marker i want ok for my first marker

Darkspear183

Apr 26, 2008
Sopley, Nr. Christchurch (UK)
hey, im looking to buy a marker, and i have set my sights onto a Tippmann x7 with G36 Foregrip, G36 Carry Handle & Folding Stock plus a 20inch sniper barrel and bipod.
i've also looked at Remote Lines, and might get one of those too.

is this ok? as i am planning to use it in the forest, but i just wanted to check if its ok.

thanks.

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
This may fly in the face of paintball, but maybe you should look at airsoft. I get the feeling that this may suit you more than paintball.:)

But to answer your question in the paintball world, this marker is great for recreation/scenario type games and will work well in any format. But it may let you down if you're looking for consistent performance.

FirebirD

Grade 'A' Chump
Jun 22, 2006
Dorset
20inch barrel?! Christ, you'd get the same effect from a 16, or even at a push an 18 :p 20 is just overkill

Darkspear183

Apr 26, 2008
Sopley, Nr. Christchurch (UK)
This may fly in the face of paintball, but maybe you should look at airsoft. I get the feeling that this may suit you more than paintball.:)

But to answer your question in the paintball world, this marker is great for recreation/scenario type games and will work well in any format. But it may let you down if you're looking for consistent performance.
cool thanks, i'm not looking for consistent performance just accuracy and the 20incher is for good ol' scare factor

Big J

Dec 22, 2007
First Marker

From personnal experience don't get the 20inch sniper barrel.....they may look the part.......but thats the limit! If you want something intimidating get an Opsgear INTERCEPTOR or a Fluted Sniper (they are the same thing just under different names) They have no porting (loud as.....well....something loud....) very accurate and look the shizz........also for the ultimate in loudness couple it with a Dishka!:D

I do realise that most people (including my self) would deem porting necessery....but for some reason the lack of it doesn't have ill effects......

And as for all this straight off? How much have you played before? I will tell you now there is no way 18inch barrels + are practical......so if you havent played much you may wish to play a bit first to see what your play style is (CQB and long barrel + :( )

If running a stock a remote line will probably be required aswell........