Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Is the marker i want ok for my first marker

Darkspear183

Apr 26, 2008
Sopley, Nr. Christchurch (UK)
From personnal experience don't get the 20inch sniper barrel.....they may look the part.......but thats the limit! If you want something intimidating get an Opsgear INTERCEPTOR or a Fluted Sniper (they are the same thing just under different names) They have no porting (loud as.....well....something loud....) very accurate and look the shizz........also for the ultimate in loudness couple it with a Dishka!:D

I do realise that most people (including my self) would deem porting necessery....but for some reason the lack of it doesn't have ill effects......

And as for all this straight off? How much have you played before? I will tell you now there is no way 18inch barrels + are practical......so if you havent played much you may wish to play a bit first to see what your play style is (CQB and long barrel + :( )

If running a stock a remote line will probably be required aswell........

k thanks, i will stick with the standard barrel + G36 shroud and scrap the bipod & 20" barrel,

ps just out of interest, is the length of the barrel measured from the end of the marker or the end of the shroud? soz if that sounds a dumb question, and i have played paintball around about 15 times, and i prefer to hang back abit for cover fire, but im not afraid to charge in like an idiot. :D

Scotty J M

UK Asylum Div 1 CPPS
Mar 10, 2008
Brackley
k thanks, i will stick with the standard barrel + G36 shroud and scrap the bipod & 20" barrel,

ps just out of interest, is the length of the barrel measured from the end of the marker or the end of the shroud? soz if that sounds a dumb question, and i have played paintball around about 15 times, and i prefer to hang back abit for cover fire, but im not afraid to charge in like an idiot. :D
God how boring???? do you not like the pain of paintball or something? becasue it dont hurt that much really :p

Big J

Dec 22, 2007
No matter what range you prefer to play at it's worth changing the stock barrel.....I still can belive the difference between it and my INTERCEPTOR....different people get on with different lengths but around 12inches is deemed optimal. Wouldn't reccomend going too far either side of it........unless you crave CQB or that "big gun" look. The standard 8.5 inch barrel will look a bit stubby on a G36 shroud.

Skeet

Platinum Member
hey, im looking to buy a marker, and i have set my sights onto a Tippmann x7 with G36 Foregrip, G36 Carry Handle & Folding Stock plus a 20inch sniper barrel and bipod.
i've also looked at Remote Lines, and might get one of those too.

is this ok? as i am planning to use it in the forest, but i just wanted to check if its ok.

thanks.
I would say, forget the Tippman.

I'm not a fan of Smart Parts Stuff, but these are based on an ION which means they have fire power that the Tippman can only dream of and they also look the part. Want something to scare people? Looks like a G36 to me!

http://www.fatbobspaintball.co.uk/Paintball_Guns-Smart_Parts-Smart_Parts_SP8/c7_33_75/index.html

ListerOfSmeg

Woodsballer for life
Dec 17, 2005
stafford, england
I would say, forget the Tippman.

I'm not a fan of Smart Parts Stuff, but these are based on an ION which means they have fire power that the Tippman can only dream of and they also look the part. Want something to scare people? Looks like a G36 to me!

http://www.fatbobspaintball.co.uk/Paintball_Guns-Smart_Parts-Smart_Parts_SP8/c7_33_75/index.html

The advantage with the Tippmann is that it would work...and if he ran out of air he can use it as a large club....and he can use it to put his tent pegs in.

Why not consider this barrel set for the X7 http://www.wearepaintball.com/products.php?show=detail&id=1365

Also I think the DYE Ultralights are available in the same thread as an X7, I know they're available for the 98 and A5.