Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Is The NXL Killing European MLP?

MattC

Head of The CPPS Mole Correction Facility.
Nov 11, 2008
Pete, i'd have thought it pretty obvious that i wasn't referring to you. It is though pretty apparent from social media that the hate for NXL is over and above the current crimes they have "committed".

Regarding entry fees. More is being offered. An extra Prelim game for starters.

The point i guess i was trying to make is this..... They aren't trying to "Kill" anything as your thread title alludes to. They are doing things their way... they'll live or die by that. To judge them already as people are... without a single event being run is, in my opinion, foolish.

olliewidd

Jul 5, 2012
Im curious to know whether im understanding the rules right regarding European teams competiting in the pro divisiom. From what i can understand the Semi Pro division will become Pro Silver and the Pro Division will bevome Pro Gold but onky teams that have competed in 2 events in the last 2 series in the states can compete in Pro Gold. The only Euro teams i can think of that match this criteria are the Russians and the MLKings so does this mean that all the other European Pro teams are now relagated to the Pro Silver division. This would mean that Pro Gold is almost exclusively American teams

MattC

Nov 11, 2008
*Players... not Teams.

You're referring to the classification system of players. They are basically saying that anyone who played Pro in Mills last year and has not played more than 2 US Pro events is classed as Pro Silver and can play in Pro or Pro Silver this year..... (CPL and SPL in old money)

olliewidd

Jul 5, 2012
*Players... not Teams.

You're referring to the classification system of players. They are basically saying that anyone who played Pro in Mills last year and has not played more than 2 US Pro events is classed as Pro Silver and can play in Pro or Pro Silver this year..... (CPL and SPL in old money)
Right ok, so teams like Manc Firm will be able to compete in the top div? Cant think of any other Brit team that is still around tht was in CPL last yeat. It was just Firm and Disruption wasnt it?

Reactions: Spikerz

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
They have registered for pro in nxl Europe and paid. So they’ll be there :)

MattC

Nov 11, 2008
Disruption played SPL last year.

As far as i'm aware so far its ...

The Firm (Pro))CPL)
Lucky 15s (Pro Silver)) SPL)

In the top 2 Divs only in 2018

Disruption and Retribution were the only other SPL teams last year. Disruption have folded. Retribution are just play CPPS.

There are 2 or 3 other UK playing NXL. Cardinals and Thunderducks? Maybe SAD at some events. Not sure.

shoaibaktar

Jun 14, 2011
Biggest ricket the NXL have made is to throw all mils know how and brand loyalty out the window and go down the revoloution not evoloution route. European dislike of a hostile takeover ,people looking for the moment to leave and the poor organisation of the new series have combined to make a new launch meets ****storm scenario.No one will benefit from an NXL meltdown.But paintball snatching defeat from the jaws of victory is a common thread.

Richiemonk

Jul 24, 2005
Norfolk
seeing how the "paid teams" list hasn't changed for 3 weeks now, I really cant see it being that far out.

https://pbleagues.com/event/5853

And if there is a silver lining to this cloud, seeing how there is only 57 paid teams.they will be able to run all the prelims on Friday, finals Saturday, then the refs can have an early stack sunday!

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
I don't think it being the NXL has anything to do with these complaints.

1. If the NXL had not taken on the MS, the existing MS would have made the same changes in pricing. They would have had to. Prices don't stay the same or drop every year. No prices do that.

2. The same people are sourcing the venues as were doing it previously. I have to imagine that if the take-over had not happened, the same exact challenges would exist.

3. We don't know if more teams would be signed up if it were still the MS. All we know is that it's less teams than last year. I fully expect there would have been a drop in teams either way, especially if we agree with point 1.
4. The title of this thread would be more accurate as "is Euro MLP dying?", I don't think the NXL has a fat lot to do with it, other than its their nightmare to own now.

5. Euro MLP might be well-warned to be careful what it wishes for.. There is no line-up of people that want to blow their money on running Pro European leagues at a loss, in exchange for abuse and disrespect from a disenchanted client base they inherit. That is not a great trade, in fact its an awful, awful trade. If you don't want to support the league there is, that's cool, but be aware that what you are telling the market is that European paintball can't support a league at all.

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
I don't think it being the NXL has anything to do with these complaints.

2. The same people are sourcing the venues as were doing it previously. I have to imagine that if the take-over had not happened, the same exact challenges would exist.
You are quite right on most of those points, except the above, If the MS had remained a going concern, the line up of events would have probably stayed as Puget (AKA St. Tropez) Bitburg, Ardingly (AKA Gatwick/London) and Chantilly all of which the MS had previous business with and/or existing continuing contracts in place and dates and venues would have been confirmed in the early new-year.
My intel suggests that the NXL team differs from the MS one, sure, there is some carry over, but certain board members were opposed to the takeover and have thrown whatever spanners they have to reach in what ever works were available.

There is an old adage that goes something like: How do you make a small fortune out of pro paintball ...