Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Is the Proto SLG worth it?

benepv

Aug 13, 2011
UK
I'm getting back into paintball and I'm on a limited budget. I have just bought a Proto SLG UL 09 for £50 but after reading some of the reviews it appears that it is a very unreliable marker and breaks a lot. Some people are saying that they have spent more on repairs then on the marker itself. I will be using it every couple of weeks and perhaps for some training at CPPS until I have enough to buy a better marker in a few months, and then it will be used as a back up. So, do you think it's worth it or should I get my money back and save up for something better?

Sid Sidgwick

Tinkering ain’t easy
They are not unreliable at all the issue they suffer from is stupid owners who don't read the manual or look after their kit.

The gun will be fine just make sure you understand how to clean and lube the bolt properly and fix any minor leaks that may arise in the future

The gun shouldn't suffer from any more issues than the odd leak now and again from O ring wear (which will just require a quick change)

Reactions: benepv

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
Exactly what Sid says. Any marker aimed at newer players will have lots of dodgy reviews as they are maintained by new playerswho don't read the manual

Reactions: Sid Sidgwick