Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

is there any policemen amoung us

Demonic69

I Created a Mocka!!!
May 21, 2005
Barnsley, UK
Visit site
What has Boab's dad actually got to do with the ticket? The verbal agreement is between you and Boab and boab and claire. As it's only a Civil matter he can't demand you present him with the goods, no-one can really, hence why web shops can offer you a refund if they can't get you the goods.
I, personally, would either write him a cheque and take a photocopy of it or wait for him to take small claims proceedings. He'll have to pay the initial fees to take it to court, then probably get laughed out. He'd be lucky if a judge didn't award you with compo for un-due stress caused.
Any threatening behaviour can be classed as common-law assault, “any act which puts a person in fear of immediate and unlawful violence”, and can be punishable by prison time, especially over civil matters that get out of hand.
Don't let it get to you mate, the law is on your side and he'd be an idiot to go any farther.

Good luck.

ShelleyHicky

Shelley Farmer
Oct 22, 2003
London
Hi, yes I am a Police Officer, sorry I have only logged on now.

I am happy to give you advise anytime, just PM me.

As a hint, this is/was a civil matter, but find out from your local police station who is your ward officer and get his/her contact details, this in itself may make you feel a little more safe.

The position you are in now is just, and any threatening behaviour constitutes police action.

I am glad things seem to be sorted - well, in some sense.

Shelley

WKD

Apr 7, 2002
East yorkshire
Visit site
Plus to cap it all heard on the radio today about the re sale of tickets after they hav been bought ie this guys dad saying hes sold em to someone else that the organisers of the event have said that they will not allow people into the event with a re sold ticket.

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
WKD said:
Plus to cap it all heard on the radio today about the re sale of tickets after they hav been bought ie this guys dad saying hes sold em to someone else that the organisers of the event have said that they will not allow people into the event with a re sold ticket.
Be interesting to see how they enforce that - does every ticket have the name of the original purchaser printed on it?:rolleyes:

WKD

Apr 7, 2002
East yorkshire
Visit site
Liz said:
Be interesting to see how they enforce that - does every ticket have the name of the original purchaser printed on it?:rolleyes:
By the ticket issuse number they are especially keeping a eye out for ticket that are sold on ebay and the like though im sure when the tickets are ordered the ticket number would be against someones name who payed for the ticket. Plus usually they limit the amount of tickets issused to each person.

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
I still can't see them taking the time to check every individual ticket number when they have however many thousand people streaming through the gates trying to get in, unless they have sophisticated computer systems at every gate and all tickets are checked by them. Then you have the issue of people who have sold or given away tickets because they genuinely can't go e.g. ill.

I think the warning on the radio was probably intended as scare tactics, otherwise the logistics would be a nightmare!

WKD

Apr 7, 2002
East yorkshire
Visit site
FFS i aint arguing i was only going on what i heard on Radio 1 couldnt give a ****e about the ins and outs of the logistics of checking this that and the other . I was only going on what i heard on the radio :rolleyes: