Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Is this any good for a starting set up...?

MrLee102

Oct 21, 2009
London
Hi,
I've played loads of paintball and me and a few mates are going to get our own gear, how's this for a set up?

VL Orion 2
JT-Flex8 Thermal Goggle
3000psi 0.8l Air System
VL Revolution Eye-Force HOPPER

could anyone suggest a good barrel for the VL Orion 2 please?

Thanks
(caps lock is broken i think :confused: )

3L1TE hax

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2009
On the Lips website there is a marker called the synergy in a package going for 120
in my opinion, looking at the reviews that an absolute steal.

that for 120 buy a new invert too for like 45. and if you want some new googles and your off with a reasonable set up. (in actual fact i was looking into getting one for a friend)

There auto cocker threaded and i think the board inside them has a slot for ego eyes or at least eyes of some sort.

MrLee102

Oct 21, 2009
London
On the Lips website there is a marker called the synergy in a package going for 120
in my opinion, looking at the reviews that an absolute steal.

that for 120 buy a new invert too for like 45. and if you want some new googles and your off with a reasonable set up. (in actual fact i was looking into getting one for a friend)

There auto cocker threaded and i think the board inside them has a slot for ego eyes or at least eyes of some sort.
Yeah I've had a look at that package, it looks good. Is that a good starter gun? Would I be able to buy a good barrel for it?

What do you mean a new invert? I'm completely new, could you dumb it down a bit? ;)

And thanks Lump, could you delete my other thread as well? :D

john251282

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2005
Bristol
www.google.co.uk
Yeah I've had a look at that package, it looks good. Is that a good starter gun? Would I be able to buy a good barrel for it?

What do you mean a new invert? I'm completely new, could you dumb it down a bit? ;)

And thanks Lump, could you delete my other thread as well? :D
All comes down to how much you want to spend. Some people start with a package like that and are happy for ages. Others upgrade very quickly if they get really into paintball.

Given you say you have played a fair bit I would guess you mean in the woods?

Most but not all of this forum do tournament paintball

see video for example

The sort of equipment you use is quite different depending on what you want to do.

"Invert" is a brand in this case also the name of a hopper and can be used up to tournament level.

This would be a fairly cheap tournament level package http://www.lpspaintball.biz/acatalog/INVERT_MINI_PACK.html

or if you want to stay in the woods maybe something like this but I am far from an expert on the best woodsball gear http://www.lpspaintball.biz/acatalog/BT_DELTA.html

PaintballWizard

The best in the west!
Oct 5, 2009
To be honest i think you should to away with the vl orion. VL make hoppers but their markers aren't exactly great.

If you're looking for something cheap (which i presume you are due to the vl) and mechanical for the woods, i'd suggest a bt4. That way, there's plenty in the way of upgrades and lot's of people have used one so you can get some good support if somethings up with it.

If you're looking to go play tournament, an slg would do very nicely. Try and stay away from standard ions though. As much as they aren't terrible, you're going to either do the smart thing and sell it on to buy something else anyway or spend at least double what you'd buy it for in upgrades. the ion xe isn't too bad though but for that price range, you'd be much better off with an slg.

Other than that the gear you've chosen would be well suited for both woodsball and speedball. :)

MrLee102

Oct 21, 2009
London
To be honest i think you should to away with the vl orion. VL make hoppers but their markers aren't exactly great.

If you're looking for something cheap (which i presume you are due to the vl) and mechanical for the woods, i'd suggest a bt4. That way, there's plenty in the way of upgrades and lot's of people have used one so you can get some good support if somethings up with it.

If you're looking to go play tournament, an slg would do very nicely. Try and stay away from standard ions though. As much as they aren't terrible, you're going to either do the smart thing and sell it on to buy something else anyway or spend at least double what you'd buy it for in upgrades. the ion xe isn't too bad though but for that price range, you'd be much better off with an slg.

Other than that the gear you've chosen would be well suited for both woodsball and speedball. :)
Ok thanks. Yeah i play woodsball but i want a gun with a double trigger so i can get a bit more firepower. It's just my preference to be honest.
The BT4s look good, but they're a bit out of my price range, i don't really want to send more then £200. I'm a bit chap, but i don't mind spending it if it's worth it.