Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Is this any good for a starting set up...?

PaintballWizard

The best in the west!
Oct 5, 2009
Im sure i dug one up at some point - i'll have a look for you.

EDIT: Maybe not. According to two sources, the closest shop to london is lips.... Sorry.
I'll try and find a train station nearby for your convenience.

If you PM me your postcode i can help find a route to get there. I swear i won't sell it on to some perve somewhere ;)

MrLee102

Oct 21, 2009
London
Im sure i dug one up at some point - i'll have a look for you.

EDIT: Maybe not. According to two sources, the closest shop to london is lips.... Sorry.
I'll try and find a train station nearby for your convenience.

If you PM me your postcode i can help find a route to get there. I swear i won't sell it on to some perve somewhere ;)
Sorry, my mum told me not to give my post code to strangers ;) i think i'll be fine in finding my own way there.

But thanks so much for all your help!

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
Seriously, get yourself on the train up to Welwyn Garden City and LiPS is only a 10 min walk from the station, ask the way to B&Q, they are round the corner from the Vauxhall dealers next to B&Q.

Jon & Chris there will tailor a package to your requirements and your price range.

You can try on stuff before you buy and, best of all, you'll benefit from after sales service not bettered anywhere else. That's something you just won't get buying second hand, or from the US etc, however much you save.

Call them on 01707 325007 first if you want to discuss stuff before you visit, or check to see if they have stuff in stock (stock changes all the time, and what they do have in might get sold before you get there). Usually, they can get stuff in a couple of days and send it out to you next day if they are short.

MrLee102

Oct 21, 2009
London
Seriously, get yourself on the train up to Welwyn Garden City and LiPS is only a 10 min walk from the station, ask the way to B&Q, they are round the corner from the Vauxhall dealers next to B&Q.

Jon & Chris there will tailor a package to your requirements and your price range.

You can try on stuff before you buy and, best of all, you'll benefit from after sales service not bettered anywhere else. That's something you just won't get buying second hand, or from the US etc, however much you save.

Call them on 01707 325007 first if you want to discuss stuff before you visit, or check to see if they have stuff in stock (stock changes all the time, and what they do have in might get sold before you get there). Usually, they can get stuff in a couple of days and send it out to you next day if they are short.
I emailed them and planned a route, it's an akward train journey or an hour and a half drive.

They said look at other guns rather then the Smart Parts Vibe because they have gone into liquidation apparently!

PoPs

May 20, 2004
SomeField SomeWhere
www.p8nt.co.uk
Didn't realise SP went into liquidation...wow !!

My preference is still Dye/Proto, they are booming, if you go to a tournament you'll see Dye and Eclipse markers are by far in the majority. You hardly see any Shockers around these days, still quite a few ION's kicking about though. That SLG for £165, well it's not going to get better than that for a new marker I can tell you.

Trying on your soft goods, mask, pack etc. is a good plan. Different people like the feel of different things, worth investing a bit of time.

MrLee102

Oct 21, 2009
London
Didn't realise SP went into liquidation...wow !!

My preference is still Dye/Proto, they are booming, if you go to a tournament you'll see Dye and Eclipse markers are by far in the majority. You hardly see any Shockers around these days, still quite a few ION's kicking about though. That SLG for £165, well it's not going to get better than that for a new marker I can tell you.

Trying on your soft goods, mask, pack etc. is a good plan. Different people like the feel of different things, worth investing a bit of time.
I know right! That's a real shame. I asked Lips if that meant there would be a major sale ;) they said no :( ahahaha.

Since i'll be playing woodsball, i'm going to look into BT4s and Tippmans now, Justpaintball.com have got some really good deals. And i think a woodsball setup is cheaper then getting an SLG. And i wouldn't use up as much paint ;)

PoPs

May 20, 2004
SomeField SomeWhere
www.p8nt.co.uk
BTW: Testimony for Proto Markers.

http://www.merv.tv/index.php?folder=public/Photos/Basildon/Tigers2&page=5

Red gat with red hopper is a bog standard Proto PMR09, the one up from the SLG, I know that because it is now my gat.

The pic's are of Tigers 2 playing at Millenium Campaign Cup, they won their division that day. None of those guys will take a bum marker onto the field. That player has moved up to the NT now (which is why I have the PMR) but he has played this whole year with the PMR, hasn't let him down once.

MrLee102

Oct 21, 2009
London
BTW: Testimony for Proto Markers.

http://www.merv.tv/index.php?folder=public/Photos/Basildon/Tigers2&page=5

Red gat with red hopper is a bog standard Proto PMR09, the one up from the SLG, I know that because it is now my gat.

The pic's are of Tigers 2 playing at Millenium Campaign Cup, they won their division that day. None of those guys will take a bum marker onto the field. That player has moved up to the NT now (which is why I have the PMR) but he has played this whole year with the PMR, hasn't let him down once.
Yeah i'm not doubting Proto, they're really nice and no one has anything bad to say about them. Just out of my price range. And i think for woodsball, they almost have too much firepower 'cause i'm going to be going through pots of paint like nobodys business!

Anyone suggest a good woodsball set up?