Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Is this any good for a starting set up...?

goldenelite0

Jul 1, 2009
Nah they haven't, they've just cut down their staff in the UK to just two. Or at least, that's what the situation was not long ago. Easiest way to find out is to ring their tech support. I'll do that and... report back.
Nah they haven't, they've just cut down their staff in the UK to just two. Or at least, that's what the situation was not long ago. Easiest way to find out is to ring their tech support. I'll do that and... report back.
Since i'll be playing woodsball, i'm going to look into BT4s and Tippmans now
How about an SP1? (£150 new) or Tm7? (£257 new). They're speedball markers dressed up for the woodland. They are 100x better than guns built just for woodsball.

MrLee102

Oct 21, 2009
London
How about an SP1? (£150 new) or Tm7? (£257 new). They're speedball markers dressed up for the woodland. They are 100x better than guns built just for woodsball.
Thanks for the idea, but to be honest, they're a bit out of my price range. I wasn't able to get any over time at work which i was hoping for to fund this, but it never happened.

Maybe i'll buy the new paintball pistol instead! Ahahaha

PaintballWizard

The best in the west!
Oct 5, 2009
Ha yeah. As of last week my lifelong dream is to go onto a paintball field holding two tpx's and have some kind of modded belt so i can do a tomb raider and just slide them past my belt to reload :D

Anyways, if you're set on a mechanical, bt4's are relatively cheap and yet not bad markers. However, expect to need to replace the barrel ASAP. Quite long trigger pull too. Either way, i still think you'd be better with an slg or something simply because if you carry on playing paintball, you'll want to upgrade in 5-6 months. I'd suggest BT4 because of all the upgrades for it but thats just my opinion. Plus you can make it look like an MP5 :D

MrLee102

Oct 21, 2009
London
Anyways, if you're set on a mechanical, bt4's are relatively cheap and yet not bad markers. However, expect to need to replace the barrel ASAP. Quite long trigger pull too. Either way, i still think you'd be better with an slg or something simply because if you carry on playing paintball, you'll want to upgrade in 5-6 months. I'd suggest BT4 because of all the upgrades for it but thats just my opinion. Plus you can make it look like an MP5 :D
Thanks, but i don't think i'l be getting the SLG. As much as i'm in love with it, and the idea of an electric double trigger marker, i'm not going to be entering any tournements.

This is a bit random, but i've heard a few Universities have their own paintball tournement arena? Does anyone know which ones?

Bambulus

Wreckballer - PMGWC#2
Nov 13, 2008
that special place.
www.leekspin.com
Thanks, but i don't think i'l be getting the SLG. As much as i'm in love with it, and the idea of an electric double trigger marker, i'm not going to be entering any tournements.

This is a bit random, but i've heard a few Universities have their own paintball tournement arena? Does anyone know which ones?
No university has it's own arena. Lots of places have teams, but no arenas I'm afraid. The most you'll get is a sports hall and reballs, but I don't know of any uni's running that currently.
:eek:
I know bristol used to train in a sports hall using reballs, but i think they've stepped away from that when their gear got stolen. Portsmouth have a strong uni team, they enter a few tournaments. Coventry and Birmingham aswell, Aberystwith... there's loads.
If you're a prospective student, have a look at the uni's societies page and they'll give you the jist of what they've got.
:p
Don't be duped into thinking that you can't take a tourny marker into the woods. They're lighter, and being a user of the SLG, I can say it's a great marker. Much better than the vibe IMO.

MrLee102

Oct 21, 2009
London
No university has it's own arena. Lots of places have teams, but no arenas I'm afraid. The most you'll get is a sports hall and reballs, but I don't know of any uni's running that currently.
:eek:
I know bristol used to train in a sports hall using reballs, but i think they've stepped away from that when their gear got stolen. Portsmouth have a strong uni team, they enter a few tournaments. Coventry and Birmingham aswell, Aberystwith... there's loads.
If you're a prospective student, have a look at the uni's societies page and they'll give you the jist of what they've got.
:p
Don't be duped into thinking that you can't take a tourny marker into the woods. They're lighter, and being a user of the SLG, I can say it's a great marker. Much better than the vibe IMO.
Like i've said, i think if i got a Proto SLG, i'd take it too seriously. And i've seen some tournement games and the amount of paint they go through is insane. Maybe if i get a better paying job i'll get one, but i think it'll be more economical getting a semi automatic BT4 or something.

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
Second hand the cost difference is minimal, and the SLG is a MUCH better gun than the BT4. So many people I know who play started with a Tipman/BT or similar which they promptly lost a fortune on when they upgraded to a better marker a few months later. The BT won't be that much better than renting a gun from a site, and utterly useless if playing for a team.
Trust me - get a secondhand SLG - you won't regret it!

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
Like i've said, i think if i got a Proto SLG, i'd take it too seriously. And i've seen some tournement games and the amount of paint they go through is insane. Maybe if i get a better paying job i'll get one, but i think it'll be more economical getting a semi automatic BT4 or something.
Yes, you go through a lot of paint in tournie games, but they are much shorter! And buying a tourney capable gun for woods play doesn't mean you'll need to fire it that fast...

MrLee102

Oct 21, 2009
London
Yes, you go through a lot of paint in tournie games, but they are much shorter! And buying a tourney capable gun for woods play doesn't mean you'll need to fire it that fast...
But the urge to just open up with the double trigger would be too great :D
I think people would agree that it'd be better for me to wait untill i have a bit more income to then splash out on a Proto.

Or would a Piranha GTI suffice? As i'm only going to be playing woodsball a couple of times a year.