Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

is this good?

Super Fly

yeeeeah!
Nov 8, 2004
www.superflytv.com
ok so here is a plan - get a job at a paintball site at weekends - earn around 40-50 squid a day

say u work for both sat and sun - after 3 weeks you will ahve £300

get an ion and air system from Smart Parts

then get all ure other stuff like pack pants pads goggles off board :)

Hanzo Hatori

Mar 12, 2005
Manchester, UK
hanzohatori.co.uk
i live in manchester (bout 5 min walk from planet eclipse in trafford park though i doubt i will geta job there) and the clostsest paintball area as such is all the way in knutsford (bout 25 miles away) si would be a pain getting there of a saturday and sunday

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
if you don't want to get into tourney yet, why bother with wasting money on a marker? stick with rental......

oh and we (top gun) do the NEW manual cocker for around £160
but that's just one option, the ion is also relly good, more for your money than anything alse. Buy a good hopper and stick it on a rental..that'll be just as good as a spyder

I too was sucked into buying a spyder clone (game face vexor kit) for £100 from e-bay (when gun trade was allowed) used it once on a public day and found I had a small advantage over the rental inferno's.

The next game I took it too was a walk on. I felt ashamed, needless to say I extended my overdraft and purchased an impulse vision. Sold the Game face kit for £40 (lost £60) and learned a lesson.

On the subject of the Ion, I have one as my back-up marker and they rip!!

Moral of the story:

Dont waste £50 - £100 on a cheap spyder, when you can invest £180 into an Ion and feel that you can compete with other players.

Believe me, within a few weeks you will move on to the walk-on scene!!

Dave

Scars

Retired tattooed lout!
Originally posted by p8ntballking
just because you are at school doesnt mean you cant have a good marker im in year ten and i have a karnivor
Some mummys spoil their kids rotten dont they!!

If you aint got the wonga or havent got Stupid parents, you cant spend that much - its simple.

With the poor resale value of markers i would try and save for something you will keep, My old inferno had a shelf-life of about 2 months before i started loathing it and worked my ass off overtime to up to an impy

Matt "Kenny" Pryce

Blatantly out of the loop
Oct 13, 2004
Birmingham
www.authentic-renegades.tk
back in the day ian back in the day :D
If you're in school and you have a job then its perfectly reasonable to have a fairly decent marker.
If you're in school and dont have a job though theres very little or no chance of getting yourself a decent marker.
Besides, you need to be a half decent player to get the full use of a good marker. Its like giving a tourney marker to a punter, he wont know what to do with it