Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Is this the end of the Ego..

olliewidd

Jul 5, 2012
Just heard a dirty rumour that Planet Eclipse have stopped production of the Ego with the Ego 11. Will there be anymore or will Planet Eclipse be bringing out a new style of marker. More concerningly are they stopping production because theyre going bust... Any ideas

Mclovin101

Apr 3, 2008
Where have you read or heard this ???

They might not be making a Ego 12 but bring out a Ego 13 as i did read somewhere they didnt want to bring a marker out each year but i completely stop making markers i dont think so

olliewidd

Jul 5, 2012
Dont judge me but I read it on wikipedia :oops: Sort of just panicked that PE were going down coz you hear alot of "paintball's dying" talk these days. Also, on another point entirely what happened to Joy Division, when did they pack it in

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
as mentioned above, PE have made it clear they don't want to be re releasing markers every single year but just as and when they see fit. however i find it very unlikely that they will discontinue the ego anywhere in the near future since it is probably one of the best and most trusted gun designs there has been. can't say too much though, i am definitely not the most knowledgeable on here when it comes to PE :p

As for joy division, i think it was about 18 months ago they decided to finish up, although something is itching in the back of my mind telling me they played a random event at some point between then and now. someone will be able to correct me on that.

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
ok cool, mind is back at ease. shame about joy, they were pretty cool
yeah, i'm sure the jist of the interviews was that they were happy with what they had achieved and wanted to be able to finish up while they were happy rather then risk leaving the team to drift apart and finish on bad terms.