Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

It's time to ban pink paint!!!

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
yeah....... we've all been to practices with only one kind of paint...............so how was the staining last time you went to a "site paint only" event?

Excuse me for jumping in at this late stage, but I feel part of the issue is that paint manufacturers are trying to get ever more vivid colours to highlight hits and thus juggle the mix.

To do this they are starting to include metals in the mix which may be the culprits for staining, but does this also threaten the use of some venues as paint has always been portrayed as vegetable dye in a gelatine coat not as an exotic metal laiden cocktail.

Also, would 20 hours of drying not be more authentic, get back from work next day and wash kit?

JoseDominguez

Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
Metals shouldn't really be staining, something is having a fixing effect and making washable dye permanent. So it could be a chemical reaction the manufacturers aren't aware of.

Ronnie Hollington

London Tigers #9
Aug 4, 2003
Mayhem
www.mayhem-paintball.co.uk
pink paint does not stain! any coloured paint can stain, it depends on what is put in the ball. £AP has a pink paint out atm that is stainning. It is z&p that has stannied my knees, which are stainned pink where ive crawled in it. The reason pink is used cuase it stands out so well but is going to stain due to the large amount of pigment needed.

ive seen stainning Orange and Yellow as well form other manafactures but they have changed the fill in there paint so they dont stain any more.

my argument is on the other thread.

JoseDominguez

Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
Originally posted by Ronnie Hollington
pink paint does not stain! any coloured paint can stain, it depends on what is put in the ball. ZAP has a pink paint out atm that is stainning. It is zap that has stannied my knees, which are stainned pink where ive crawled in it. The reason pink is used cuase it stands out so well.

ive seen stainning Orange and Yellow as well form other manafactures but they have changed the fill in there paint so they dont stain any more.
So you're saying.........some pink paint does stain then?

Any paint can stain, but pink is staining pretty consistently, also, there is a lot more of it about this season than last.........
I've started checking independently...... some oranges are quite bad too, but blend in better making the stains less obvious..... no white in orange, so it merges in with darks and only stains light colours...... pink is vivid enough to stand out on dark colours too.
Also, I'd avoid naming any manufacturer Ronnie...........that's not an opinion your stating, it's a "fact"....... could attract the attention of those in expensive suits :)
You can say........... I think so ??????????? is pretty crap without much of a worry, but "???????? is staining" is a statement you could be called to prove.
Or maybe the Zap police will come round and do you :)

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
The was some pink paint at STB that was staining very badly, including people's skin etc. Having worn a pure white shirt at the event & played badly enough to take quite a few pink hits, I rather aprehensively put the shirt in the wash. As I'd expected, it came out still covered in pink with a bit of orange as well.

HOWEVER - I put it back in the wash (we're talking Tuesday afternoon by now) with a couple of Vanish Actionball tablets & I now have a perfect white shirt again :) :) I even put last year's shirt in (still badly stained with pink and green after about 3 washes) and that's come out completely clean as well.

I LIKE Vanish :D

Y2chris99

pbnation 4 lyfe
May 2, 2002
Norbook Massive
Visit site
Originally posted by Liz
The was some pink paint at STB that was staining very badly, including people's skin etc. Having worn a pure white shirt at the event & played badly enough to take quite a few pink hits, I rather aprehensively put the shirt in the wash. As I'd expected, it came out still covered in pink with a bit of orange as well.

HOWEVER - I put it back in the wash (we're talking Tuesday afternoon by now) with a couple of Vanish Actionball tablets & I now have a perfect white shirt again :) :) I even put last year's shirt in (still badly stained with pink and green after about 3 washes) and that's come out completely clean as well.

I LIKE Vanish :D
its true to its name :) always worked for me

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
Originally posted by Y2chris99
its true to its name :) always worked for me
No it doesn't, i have been throwing the vanish powder on you everytime i see you for the last three months, and your still here!:D

Maybe i will contact vanish customer servrice...;)