Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Jade Goody yes or no

Status
Not open for further replies.

Potter Loki

Mar 18, 2007
Essex
seen a lot of opinions on this and its starting to annoy me, how people are grieving for her etc, yes she was a young mum yada yada and cancer is an awful thing no denying, but why do so many people care so bad?
looking for a genuine debate so opinions on a post card?

jack_judge

Tree or not #1 Member
Mar 7, 2008
Cambridgeshire
Many people die from cancer so by crying because someone who became famous by being a bit of a slob on a reality show is a bit sad. Thousands of people die every day from diseases like cancer so why because its a celebrity. I can sympathise with people who have lost a loved one to cancer being sympathetic but dont act like shes the first person ever to die from cancer. Must be tough on them poor lads though.

Skeet

Platinum Member
Many people die from cancer so by crying because someone who became famous by being a bit of a slob on a reality show is a bit sad. Thousands of people die every day from diseases like cancer so why because its a celebrity. I can sympathise with people who have lost a loved one to cancer being sympathetic but dont act like shes the first person ever to die from cancer. Must be tough on them poor lads though.
Because, we got to watch her die.

I'm sure it isn't that they care so much about Jade the "personality", but they have got to watch a person die. Who did not deserve to die.

NSKlad

Pistolas y Corazones
Dec 9, 2006
Bournemouth
Many people die from cancer so by crying because someone who became famous by being a bit of a slob on a reality show is pathetic. Thousands of people die every day from diseases like cancer so why because its a celebrity. I can sympathise with people who have lost a loved one to cancer being sympathetic but dont act like shes the first person ever to die from cancer. Must be tough on them poor lads though.
That's the truth, mate.

The guys fighting for us in Afghanistan and Iraq are constantly getting killed, no doubt in painful manners, but they get a quick note at the bottom on the news page, then it's, "OMFG Jade Goody!!! :eek:."

She had cancer, she died. It hurt, and now her friends, relatives and children are without her. It's a terrible story, but funny enough, she isn't the only one to have died in the last few thousand years. :rolleyes:

So I'm sympathetic, but not excessively.

outkastmike

CUMBRIA
Jan 26, 2004
Cumbria
facebook.com
I for one feel sorry for her,you cant blame her for milking the whole celebrity,thing even up until her final days,it was the only way she could make a decent living for herself and her kids.
Due to no fault of her own she had a pretty bad upbringing by pi$$ poor uncaring parents.
I think if a people read about her background prior to big brother you couldn't blame the girl for wanting to better herself by the only means available.

ReservoirFrog

Mr. Green
Nov 1, 2008
NW
One thing I can't fault the girl for is using the media buzz to grab as much money as she can for her kids.
You better believe I 'd do whatever it took, including much less moral things than grabbing a few column inches, if I knew I was on my way out and wanted to ensure my kids had the best future possible.
As for everyone grieving, it's sad when a young Mum dies like that celebrity or not. If you knew someone similar who wasn't famous, I'm sure you'd talk about how sad it was with others who knew them.
All being a celebrity means is more people are aware of you so there are more people to talk about you.
The media makes it all seem like a circus because they are making the most of it for money reasons, but for the average person, it's a high profile reminder that it could happen to any one of us or any one we know.

Status
Not open for further replies.