Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Jade Goody yes or no

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
who got banned?? anyway why is it wrong or sick to dislike a person who made a mockery of england and was quite frankly an embarrassment to the country, even on her death bed she pumped the country dry. I don't think banning people who don't conform to your view is a very sensible thing either as it just shows a weakness in your character to listen to peoples views. She was a disrespectful chav but that does not change the fact that she has died, i do not pity her but i genuinely feel for her children but they have a good father and plenty of money so they have the best opportunities possible. Even now when she is dead all she has done, at the mention of her name, is divide the tight knit community of this forum which is a shame. I have fallen out with people on here over someone like her which is a shame, so i think its best i we stop with the banning and stop with the topic and start talking about paintball :)
Scotty, despite your fantastic privileged private school upbringing, you seem to have missed one important lesson: Reading...
Point out to me where I said that I think it is wrong for somebody to dislike her or anybody else for that matter...

Don't worry, I'll wait.

Well, since it'll be impossible to find that part, I'll just spell it out for you. Lucky wasn't banned (not a perm ban by the way) for not liking the woman or not complying with my views, Lucky got banned for openly rejoicing over somebody's death. I couldn't give a flying f*ck if somebody didn't agree with me, in fact I kinda like debating.
You however seem to want to engage in a debate with me, by calling me weak of character. Hmm, seems more like that would apply to you, as you are the one defaulting to insults (calling me weak of character) and non arguments (the dead soldiers). What's even worse is that you feel the need to post whatever pops in your mind, and then quickly try to end it all by saying "let's get back to talking paintball" or some such, all in the hope that people won't respond to your obviously flawed arguments.
For the record, if somebody came on here and openly rejoiced about your cousin coming home in a box and with no legs, that person would get a ban too. Get it now?

You are on very thin ice buddy. And there is a very large Megalodon (google it) named Buddha swimming underneath it, so pray it doesn't break.

As far as back on topic goes:
I'm in the privileged position that there is a lot of water between my country and yours. Consequently all the media hype surrounding her sickness and death has gone mostly unnoticed over here, nothing more than a few inches somewhere in the back of the newspaper. Similarly, your version of Big Brother wasn't on TV here. Basically, she was a non celebrity here, so our opinions aren't coloured by any knowledge of her.

General opinion here is that first of all it's sad to see somebody die, particularly from such a terrible sickness (seen it happen firsthand myself). What's even sadder is that she left behind young children, who will now grow up without their mother. She has been smart in guaranteeing financial security for her children. She has NOT bled the country, no public funds went to her. All money paid came from businesses. In a way she has done more raising cancer awareness than 20 years of government funded campaigning has done, so in a sense you could even argue that she saved the country some money.

Now she's no saint because of that. I'm sure raising awareness was not her main motive, just a happy side effect. She was out to provide for her family. Your cousin could have done the same. He could have taken a life insurance.

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
I really disliked Jade Goody on BB and continued to strongly dislike that fact that she remained in the public eye while having little to no talent. I understand her motivation for what what she did but personally think she should haved called the circus off after the wedding and gone out in private. People can harp on about what she should have done with the money she made from her death all they want but its her kids money now and you know what, I bet they would give every f**king penny of it and then some to have their mother back. Money can buy them fancy cars, a top level education, beautiful wives and all that crap but it wont change the fact that they will grow up without their mother.
Good and sensible post.

L.i.P.S

The girl done well. I can honestly say I cringed every time she was on the telly but she milked the media cow for her kids.
She has done every thing in her power to protect the kids long term, I take my hat off to her.

I lost my wife when she was 29 to the big C and raised our 3 kids on my own, one who was only 4 months old. If my wife had had the chance to do this I am sure she would have jumped at the chance no matter what to safe guard our boys.

The army argument is a diffrent one all together, My eldest is currently serving in 16th Air Assault and loves it, he openly admits he wants to be in the hot areas because he is a thrill and adrenalin junkie and is prepared to take all the risks involved to get his kicks, Jade did not ask for this to happen so I hope it all works out for her kids.

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
Well said Jon.

Now, for the love of your God - can this thread not only be closed - but banished to the thread shredder?

It's already resulted in a holiday for one person - why risk being the next?

Oh, and it's now Monday :p.

dicksin200

veni vidi vici
Feb 2, 2009
sheffield
well

i dont think it is down too do you like or dont like jade.The woman went through a lot the worry of the illness alone was bad,but to have the worry of what will happen to her children after she has gone must have been worse.No matter what people do in life,they should be respected in death..to give a dying person your hatred is a very sad thing best kept to yourself.....consider the big c as covert because you never know where or who it is with..rest in peace one young lady............

just to add the woman was in the light all the way (wedding,tv,and all the other spotlight stuff) before you pull her down think could you do this,if the answer is yes think again....

Jckk335_crazy

Always reads never posts
Mar 21, 2008
Durham in the North East
You are a Kno* sorry but i know someone who has got cervical cancer and she didnt ask to have it !!!!!
I think what jade has done is amazing the goverment are now considering scereening at an earlier age and if it wasnt for Jade that it wouldnt have happened !
Yes she did make money from it to support her childrens future but in the long run think of how many women will now get screened earlier !!
Your right there was a young girl in the north east who was too young to be screened and ended up with cervical cancer and died as a result of it. This girl and her parents are trying to get the age lowered for screening and Jade Goody has actuly given her support and hopefully given the government the cause to lower the screening.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/wear/7949966.stm The storey of the young girl that died.

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
As someone who isnt religious but does hold some stock in karma, I think Jade got her Karma, and no I dont mean by dying. I mean by being able to generate a future for her children out of the industry that chewed her up and spat her out for our entertainment.

I hope that her kids get a better start and chances in life than she did.

I wouldnt even wanna start getting into a debate over media and their portrayal of individuals / social groups / different professions. However I will say that the media present what sells. Whether you choose to buy it is up to you.

edit - @Raffles - whats your problem with the thread? Its interesting and stimulating, which is more than can be said for a lot of other threads. And really, does anyone really care that someone got temp banned?

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
As someone who isnt religious but does hold some stock in karma, I think Jade got her Karma, and no I dont mean by dying. I mean by being able to generate a future for her children out of the industry that chewed her up and spat her out for our entertainment.

I hope that her kids get a better start and chances in life than she did.

I wouldnt even wanna start getting into a debate over media and their portrayal of individuals / social groups / different professions. However I will say that the media present what sells. Whether you choose to buy it is up to you.
Amen.

Lump

one case one kill
Sep 20, 2004
in the ABYSS
who got banned?? anyway why is it wrong or sick to dislike a person who made a mockery of england and was quite frankly an embarrassment to the country, even on her death bed she pumped the country dry. I don't think banning people who don't conform to your view is a very sensible thing either as it just shows a weakness in your character to listen to peoples views. She was a disrespectful chav but that does not change the fact that she has died, i do not pity her but i genuinely feel for her children but they have a good father and plenty of money so they have the best opportunities possible. Even now when she is dead all she has done, at the mention of her name, is divide the tight knit community of this forum which is a shame. I have fallen out with people on here over someone like her which is a shame, so i think its best i we stop with the banning and stop with the topic and start talking about paintball :)
you sir are an ejgit

Status
Not open for further replies.