Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Jason Wheeler Clinics !

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
How many players out there spend your hard earned cash on clinics, then come away and say to yourselves " I learned a couple new drills " and for the price you paid " I suppose it was ok, got me some trigger time ".

Several weeks back, i had a good chat with Jason Wheeler, asked if he would do some clinics around the midlands area, ideally down at the site where the CPPS is held and the place where we train.
Jason already had plans laid out to do clinics there, but i wanted a private clinic for the bunch of lads on my team. Some other teams were also invited to make up the numbers.
Clinic went ahead and was held on the sunday 10th Nov just gone.

Over the years i have played paintball, i have attended many clinics, as many as a dozen or so, but found Jason Wheeler and his clinics much more different than any other clinics i have attended. Thus the reason why i think Jason Wheeler with his clinics needs a special mention.

Price wise, very similar to other clinics.
Number of players attending, very limited spots, kept the numbers low so he could work with every individual.
Every player has a unique number allocated to them with stickers, so players were easily identified,
Notes and skill levels taken down with pen and paper throughout the day with how much progress was being made, and what needed to be worked on for improvement for each and every individual player.
Emails sent to every player after the clinic with a scoring system, and notes on how to improve to be a better player.

As i am taking some considerable time out of paintball, i did not take part in the clinic itself, only organised, but watched throughtout most of the day.
The time he would spend with individual players, the questions he took time to answer, the pro tips he gave, amazing how he got through all those drills, and all the detailing in one whole day.

I will make this clear now, Jason Wheeler did not ask me to make this thread, and anyone who knows me well, knows i do not brown nose anyone, no one...

I made this thread because i believe attending one or more of Jason Wheelers clinics will benefit those who wish to improve in paintball.
For those who have tried out other clinics and not 100% satisfied, give Mr Wheeler a try, and see for yourself.
All 20 players that attended the clinic on sunday, has given nothing but a genuinely positive feedback.

@Jason_Wheeler_ Thanks mate !

alexd

http://essexaces.co.uk
Feb 17, 2006
Essex
www.facebook.com
@NitroBall From your post it seems that you and I have similar views! I've also attended or observed clinics, and at work I have to maintain or develop new skills. So as identifying the right training is key and critical to successful team and personal development in work, then it follows the same should be applied to paintball!

So when starting Essex ACES in May 2013, an overriding goal was to establish clear principles around training. Primarily because our aim was to offer a pathway for the casual paintballer / walkon player / woodsballer into a Team structure that was playing a domestic tournament series (CPPS). Having the CPPS Breakout Division has helped players get that initial exposure, so credit to @Ainsley for establishing this format and for the effort in getting the CPPS site running so smoothly!

Given most recruits had very limited skills, developing them would require more than just the odd training session! So at work I would "bring in" the expertise to improve my team, and whilst I may have some paintball knowledge / experience, I believe that @Jason_Wheeler_ has probably forgotten more than I know!

Alongside a Team Subscription to Project K, the Essex ACES has also arranged a Clinic with Jason in a few weeks. The entire Team have been primed and encouraged to attend this as I genuinely believe a day's coaching with Jason will deliver a step change for those attending. Of course the real goal is to integrate Clinics with the ongoing Project K coaching to accelerate player development

We made the upcoming Clinic a focal point of our off-season training, declaring this session should be a priority ahead of all others. The driver was the belief that our Clinic will yield the same results as you have seen. There should be at least 16 players attending our Dec clinic, with their only tournament exposure being CPPS Breakout, they will benefit significantly

Such is my confidence in this approach, Jason and I are already in discussion about the next clinic in early 2014!

Last edited:

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
Such is my confidence in this approach, Jason and I are already in discussion about the next clinic in early 2014!
Great post @alexd
We have taken onboard several lads to make a Kidz team, all with little experience. As i see, after the clinic, these lads as well as Volatiles experienced players, has been inspired to go out wanting to train more and to have a different approach at training days in respect of drills rather than just scrimmage and play games.
Those attended the clinic has already raised the question of when the next clinic with Jason will be. We are also hoping he will be available sometime in february/march :)

Reactions: alexd

Gaz #68

Warped #68
May 14, 2010
Wolverhampton
I attended the open clinic the day before with my son and would echo all of the above comments. It was an excellent day and I had never met Jason before but within 30 mins he had made everyone feel welcome and throughout the day you ended up feeling you were chatting with an old friend rather than someone you had just met. He was constantly urging players to get aired and potted up so we could get back on the field and maximise our time. Both my son and I picked up loads of tips but more importantly the whole day was fun and enjoyable which is what got me into paintball in the first place. I would thoroughly recommend his clinics and I too will be keeping an eye out for future dates at the CPPS. Highly recommended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PBWill

Mar 18, 2013
England
Jason was amazing at, well generally making us better players. He use's the training methods from RL, which are pretty damn effective to begin with, no matter who the hell is teaching them. He knew exactly what he was doing, and kind of compacted years of expeirence into a few short hours. He also made everyone feel welcome, and didnt get pissed off if you arn't very good at a specific area and you have to keep asking him to explain it or demonstraight it over and again.

Wish he'd doo more! top class bloke

Cranny

Oct 29, 2011
Thanks for the review - I've never done a clinic before and was considering going to one of Jason's to give it a go but hadn't really decided; but now I'll definitely get one sorted! cheers guys