Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Joint Statement from the Paintball Association and the UK Masters.

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
Would players not prefer to pay a slightly higher premium and be covered for ALL paintball activities, as it stands it seems to me like buying car insurance and only being covered on 12 different approved roads in the country.

And then of course maybe a policy could be arranged so it also covers theft of equipment.
Currently you would be talking well into 3 figures for that sort of policy. The current policy means that the site has to meet certain criteria. I would rather pay less and play at a site that met the criteria than pay a large amount and a bottle blows up near me
I'm sure if sites complied to the criteria they could make a saving on their insurance too

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
As far as I am aware you sign the waiver to say you abide by the rules and it protects you if the organisers do any thing wrong that leads to you being harmed - not if a fellow players does you harm

Russell Smith

The Paintball Association
i thought we paid entrance fee and signed a waiver so that we were under the events insurance?

The waiver is in another post but you are covered by the event insurance (if they have any) for anything they are responsible for.

Lets not go overboard on the insurance cover, in over fifteen years I only know of five cases including a spider bite.
I do not expect that to change in the next fifteen, nonsense claims will not be entertained.
It is a "just in case" level of cover in case something happens that is not the responsibility of the organiser but may be the fault of another.

Russ

I can't shoot straight

Living Life to the Max! I think :P
Mar 14, 2005
Darlington
Can I just ask does anyone know how it would work out in a courtroom say if your bottle explodes (Only two in the last 4 years that I have herd of) I might be wrong about that one. How can some one say it was you. It could of been the compressor which filled it or who made the bottle.

I might sound stupid as I have been told before. But I say what I think which some times does not work out to well:eek:

I can't shoot straight

Mar 14, 2005
Darlington
If you properly test what is left of the equipment you will find traces of evidence that will point to the reason of bottle failure
Very true. Its just the way the court's are today people get away with everything you have to have enough evidence. I just I can't see how someone would get money off you unless they had some one saying yes I seen him messing around with his bottle.

Russell Smith

The Paintball Association
Can I just ask does anyone know how it would work out in a courtroom say if your bottle explodes (Only two in the last 4 years that I have herd of) I might be wrong about that one. How can some one say it was you. It could of been the compressor which filled it or who made the bottle.
If you are asking if the insurance would cover you I am sure (if it works like car insurance claims) if something went wrong with your kit and hurt someone else they would claim from you and your insurance would pursue the claim to another party if they thought they would get paid.

Just to make it clear to everyone,

We are not all carrying a HPA bottle that will explode and send shrapnel everywhere.
If the worst case scenario actually happened a metal bottle is designed to not break into more than three pieces and would normally rip open like in this picture - http://www.powerball.co.uk/PI_marked.html and a fibre wrapped one would burst open.
Both scary as hell and potentially fatal but not quite the air powered grenade people make it out to be.

Russ

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
Very true. Its just the way the court's are today people get away with everything you have to have enough evidence. I just I can't see how someone would get money off you unless they had some one saying yes I seen him messing around with his bottle.
In its simplest form
If they found traces of oil in the bottle and none in the air line then the owner of the bottle and or the person using it
If found in the air line then the air supplier
etc etc etc

I can't shoot straight

Mar 14, 2005
Darlington
Thank you.

Thats why I think the Air Training is a very good think so people know what to do with there air systems. I would hope most people would have the brain's not put oil in there bottles.