Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Joint Statement from the Paintball Association and the UK Masters.

I can't shoot straight

Living Life to the Max! I think :P
Mar 14, 2005
Darlington
I think one thing that should stop is the selling of second hand air systems on this site like (TalkPaintball.com) If you buy a second hand system you don't know what has happen to it before you got your hands on it. And a shorter life say like 5 years like the stako. So you don't have system's kicking around for 10+ years.

Devrij

Sex-terrorist
Dec 3, 2007
Bristol
I'm not sure if that's nescessary (the curtailing of bottle life I mean), it seems that the only reason bottles (or regs technically) have failed so far is because of internal fires that increased the pressure far beyond that intended. The apparent issue (until results of the investigation anyway) is people not knowing how to handle their equipment properly (ie oil on the nipple etc.). I do agree that selling/buying bottles 2nd hand could be a bad idea though. I don't want to be the cause of my or anyone else's death because some dumbass used his bottle improperly before selling it.

ItchyTFN

Feb 14, 2007
We are not all carrying a HPA bottle that will explode and send shrapnel everywhere.
If the worst case scenario actually happened a metal bottle is designed to not break into more than three pieces and would normally rip open like in this picture - http://www.powerball.co.uk/PI_marked.html and a fibre wrapped one would burst open.
Both scary as hell and potentially fatal but not quite the air powered grenade people make it out to be.

Russ
Off topic, but a genuine question from your apparent blasé ness in regards to tank/reg failures..

Are Stako's then banned from the PA this season until a reason for the recent life threatening 'incidents' are discovered?

You clearly dont understand what we are dealing with in regards to these bottles, as all 3 recent Stako 'incidents' have been exactly 'air powered granades'!! The reg and threads is obviously a factor also as it is the weakest point, and has also sent shrapnel flying everywhere on more than 1 occasion. On one occasion, a piece of metal shot between my legs and melted through my bag. If that had been my head there is no way i would be typing today..
This incidents are more than fatal if they ever happen again - which history says it will due to recent events if left as is, even whilst tests are being carried out.
I dont think people realise how lucky we have been so far..

Were you present at any of the 3 Stako incidents Russ?

Zimmer Zoomer

Jan 13, 2004
Visit site
I am sorry if I am missing something but will the tournaments not accept cover from a diffrent company ?

surely as long as you have a valid certificate to show you have personal liability that must be fine?

Russell Smith

The Paintball Association
Off topic, but a genuine question from your apparent blasé ness in regards to tank/reg failures..

Are Stako's then banned from the PA this season until a reason for the recent life threatening 'incidents' are discovered?

You clearly dont understand what we are dealing with in regards to these bottles, as all 3 recent Stako 'incidents' have been exactly 'air powered granades'!! The reg and threads is obviously a factor also as it is the weakest point, and has also sent shrapnel flying everywhere on more than 1 occasion. On one occasion, a piece of metal shot between my legs and melted through my bag. If that had been my head there is no way i would be typing today..
This incidents are more than fatal if they ever happen again - which history says it will due to recent events if left as is, even whilst tests are being carried out.
I dont think people realise how lucky we have been so far..

Were you present at any of the 3 Stako incidents Russ?
May I answer you question with a question if you don't mind.
Everyone agrees that the regulator failed and indeed as you say that sent shrapnel flying everywhere.
According to the law of the land unless regulators have a Pi mark they are not legal for sale or use in Europe.

You believe we should ban a product that is approved for use (and that may happen because if the Millennium Series ban them I would support them at that point) and your opinion is valid.

However to my first point what do you suggest paintball does about that!

I was not present at any of the incidents being discussed but I am not an expert so I will take advice from the highly trained individuals and companies that have the required knowledge and experience to guide me.

But please your viewpoint on the Regulators..

Russ

PS I have a theory on what may be a contributing factor with Stake bottles and have emailed the company to explain it to them for their opinion.

Zimmer Zoomer

Jan 13, 2004
Visit site
We are not all carrying a HPA bottle that will explode and send shrapnel everywhere.
If the worst case scenario actually happened a metal bottle is designed to not break into more than three pieces and would normally rip open like in this picture - http://www.powerball.co.uk/PI_marked.html and a fibre wrapped one would burst open.
Both scary as hell and potentially fatal but not quite the air powered grenade people make it out to be.

Russ
phewww at least we can all sleep well with only 3 large bits of fatality causing shrapnal of a metal bottle flying around.

ItchyTFN

Feb 14, 2007
May I answer you question with a question if you don't mind.
Everyone agrees that the regulator failed and indeed as you say that sent shrapnel flying everywhere.
According to the law of the land unless regulators have a Pi mark they are not legal for sale or use in Europe.

You believe we should ban a product that is approved for use (and that may happen because if the Millennium Series ban them I would support them at that point) and your opinion is valid.

However to my first point what do you suggest paintball does about that!

I was not present at any of the incidents being discussed but I am not an expert so I will take advice from the highly trained individuals and companies that have the required knowledge and experience to guide me.

But please your viewpoint on the Regulators..

Russ

PS I have a theory on what may be a contributing factor with Stake bottles and have emailed the company to explain it to them for their opinion.

Thanks for your response Russ..

I understand that you are in a difficult position as companies have been know to use legal pressure to keep things like this legal until proved unsafe. Unfortunately for those companies and due to the business that they are in our sport has to take the safety and potential risk to it's players over anything, just like all organised sports do.

I personally agree with your thoughts on regs. I am no expert either but I think the proper regulations that are in place need to be made clear to all manufactures. I'm positive that no one will look to cut corners in regards to this.