Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Joint Statement from the Paintball Association and the UK Masters.

D7's

Home to Notorious Kids
Aug 15, 2002
www.d7s.co.uk
Russell can you tell me if this insurance covers you for explosion injuries, or could you let me know where it says that this insurance covers for explosions injuries. Thanks

Russell Smith

The Paintball Association
Russell can you tell me if this insurance covers you for explosion injuries, or could you let me know where it says that this insurance covers for explosions injuries. Thanks
It is a personal liability cover insurance policy, specifically for paintballers at UKPSF sanctioned events/sites.
So if someone was injured because of someone else's libellous actions you would be covered.
Bully will be putting up the schedule soon and everyone can check the policy themselves.
If it is lacking anything I am sure someone will pick up on it and we can get it sorted but Bully told the insurance company what was required and they come up with what is on offer.
I am sure it won't actually say "you are covered for a bottle explosion" the same as it won't say anything about shooting someone in the eye in the safe area.
Lets wait and check the policy when we all see a copy because if it does not cover that sort of stuff it's not worth a toss.

I am confident Bully would have got us one that covers all we need it to.

Russ

PreacherMan

Like a moth to the flame
Nov 2, 2006
Midlands
It is a personal liability cover insurance policy, specifically for paintballers at UKPSF sanctioned events/sites.
So if someone was injured because of someone else's libellous actions you would be covered.
Bully will be putting up the schedule soon and everyone can check the policy themselves.
If it is lacking anything I am sure someone will pick up on it and we can get it sorted but Bully told the insurance company what was required and they come up with what is on offer.
I am sure it won't actually say "you are covered for a bottle explosion" the same as it won't say anything about shooting someone in the eye in the safe area.
Lets wait and check the policy when we all see a copy because if it does not cover that sort of stuff it's not worth a toss.

I am confident Bully would have got us one that covers all we need it to.

Russ
I am registered with the Financial Services Authority and advicing on these products before paintball started.... I have spoken with Slade Perkins quoting the policy no. however as the policy is held by the UKPSF they said Bully would have the details....

Get Bully to send me any details he has or ring Slade Perkins to send me a copy of the schedule... and i will glady read though it and confirm in laymans terms what everyone is covered for :)

i will PM my mobile to Bully if he wants to call me.

PreacherMan

Like a moth to the flame
Nov 2, 2006
Midlands
I think that what we are asking, is for Stako's not be allowed until we know what happens to them. It is based on the fact that most of the tanks that go pop have been Stakos. If it is the reg, then you could argue that it is the combo of those regs and Stakos.

Everyone who is talking about bans, are just asking for a sensible approach to be taken, so that no one else gets hurt. I can see Stakos position and from what I hear, they are working very hard to help solve the problem..... but and it is a big but.... they are also being very heavy handed with anyone that says they are going to place a temporary ban on he tanks until a solution is found. I find that counterproductive and not in the best interests of everyone involved and i also resent the fact that as a site iwner or events organiser, I cannot choose what I will allow to be used or sold on my premises without getting sued. If I want to say no Stakos, then I should be able to do so. If I say no Stako's because they will kill you quicker than than an H-Bomb, then I can see their argument.

My point is; If the tank is good but the combination of tank, reg and fill method is bad then we must take steps to make everyone safe until we know for sure which element in the chain is the one that needs removing. If it is the method of filling then we need to know how to change that method so that it is Stako friendly and that means for every fill station in world as well as the UK and Europe. If the regs are found to be the cause then we need to put specifications in place for reg manufacturers to follow.

Andy from YPC made a statement on a thread on another forum which sums up the situation with filling these tanks quite nicely.

"The bottle itself is safe when all recommendations are met. Unfortunately there are far too many amateur experts out there, (and that includes event organisers), who haven't got a clue what they are doing."

The thread can be found here:

http://www.talkpaintball.com/showthread.php?t=16878&highlight=stako

keka
i completely agree with all the points you have made Keka.... Insurance will cover the consquences BUT not the cause

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
Most of the tanks that have gone pop in the last 2 years apparently have been CO2 bottles if you factor in the USA.
Stako will be heavy handed as you are basically slandering their product
It is no secret that Carbon Fibre bottles have to be filled slower and Stako as far as I am aware make that fact known.
If you flash fill a bottle and the reg explodes whose fault is it?
If your goggle lens cracked the second time you got gogged and you got paint in your eye would you then blame the goggle manufacturer?
Note in law ignorance is not a very good defence