Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Judges..............

kartmann187

Kick your arse
Jul 9, 2001
Surrey
Visit site
This is to see what people think about staring something that was running about 5 years back... (back in Dougs day)

There used to be an association called the UKPSF (I know its still around but ...)... There was a course that judges did that meant that the where upto a certain standard. These judges where used by Doug on his Comp's and everyone loved the idea. It worked well till these judges where getting so much **** from team players that they nearly all gave up judging (myself included). Comp's runners found it hard to then get judges and we ended up with punter judges (no offence meant by this) that had no idea what they were doing on the Comp scene. This again leading to problems....

My suggestion is why not try and get a pool of judges again that run the fields at major Comp's and also train new judges. This could also help the "Ill help you when Im judging and you can help me" as if it is like it used to be the judges will be ex players....

Russell Smith

The Paintball Association
Kartman As you quite rightly said the ukpsf is still around and is trying to organise just the thing you said in your posting.
It is difficult to find the right personal who you can rely on and of course why should we spend all day getting abuse and other **** for the wages that are paid at the moment.
I am pretty sure that the people who run the events would pay more if they had the cash input in the first place - So lets be honest the players have to pay extra so the balls in there court

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
Simple problem, simpler solution

Well, basically there is a very simple solution that works well in the US. Find good tourney players that are att the time BROKE. Yes, lack of money but still wanting to be at the field is a good reason to marshall, and a common one. The secondary reason we have an abundance of marshals at my field is that we use the time doing so to watch and learn from an omniscient perspective while being in the middle of it, so that we learn lessons to use for our own tournament play.

That's motivation enough for regular players to referee regularly.