Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Just a few questions your average newbie wants to know...

Sean Diamond

Extreme Rage Man !!!
Apr 9, 2002
Birmingham
HI, the names Sean, firstly i want to say hi to all you people. I Recently played (2-3 times) at the NPF in bassets pole, i'd love to know any other people who go there and get to know them. Also i have already got my own goggles the JT green Flex 7 IZE which are great but i would love looking into getting my own gun and additional equipment. The gun used on site is a standard Tippmann 98. All feed back and general comments for newbs in paintball would be greatly appreciated. Thanx guyz...

Sean Diamond

Extreme Rage Man !!!
Apr 9, 2002
Birmingham
Wow, thats great, if there are loads of people like myself who play at the NPF, in particular the Young Gunz days (I'm only 15), i'd love to hear from you. You know about what equipment you you all have, whats your favourite mission, that sort of thing. Thanx for your replies...Also if there are any other good places to go for paintball around that area (Birmingham) be it shops or sites it'd be cool to hear about them. I hear there is a good one in Solihull, if anyone could fill me in that would be great.Thanx...

Sean Diamond

Extreme Rage Man !!!
Apr 9, 2002
Birmingham
Yeh thanx a lot, i'll think about that, it take me only about 45 minutes to get there. Thanx. Is it any good? Better than the NPF, because i've been lead to believe the NPF is one of the best in England...

guppy

Banned
Apr 3, 2002
Maidstone, Kent
Visit site
Hiya Sean...Welcome to paintball!!

For a first marker i would recommend an Inferno. Dead simple to use, maintain (squirt of oil, top up of Co2 and hey presto!) Go for the Terminator T3 if you can. Lots of nice machining comes in metallic blue or red. Got a good write up in the What Paintball Gear mag. Reliable, shoots far & straight, quick-strip bolt so you can squeegie straight through the breech & barrel. Very well made gun except for the plastic vert feeds which keep splitting although i have been told that that Arrow Precision are looking into an alternative to plastic as they know there is a problem at present. In the meantime they will supply as many free vert feeds as you can break!! Bye 4 now, Gup.

Sean Diamond

Extreme Rage Man !!!
Apr 9, 2002
Birmingham
Yeh thanx. I've thought about the T3, it looks good and i can get one for under 200$. But i'm considering mayber the spyder shutter, pirahna pro ts g3, maybe even the black dragun.

Julesbloke

Apr 11, 2002
Midlands, UK
Visit site
Hi Sean,

I'm in the same position as you! Been playing at the NPF for a while and decided to go for my own kit.

I'd go with Guppys recomendation of an Inferno. It's VERY easy to look after and clean/strip during a game if anything goes wrong. I was looking at similar markers to the ones you suggest, but in the end decided that with my current technical ability ;) an easy to maintain marker was the best option. I could have gone for the Dragun, but decided that if something goes wrong with it I'd probably be unable to sort it without help!

Spend a bit more on the Inferno Terminator - I bought the base recballer and after a few games have decided to upgrade the barrell and add an extended volume chamber - you get these as standard on the Terminator model.

Presumably you live near Birmingham - try http://www.warpedsports.com they have a shop in Wolverhampton stocking Infernos amongst others and other kit too. Bought mine there - the guys instore were very helpful and know their stuff if you do have problems.

Online shopping try: http://www.planeteclipse.com they have a shop too and again the staff are great - but if you're a "midlander" like me getting up to Manchester is a bit of a pain!

Played at http://www.paintballpark.co.uk near Kidderminster recently and they have EXCELLENT own gunner facilities. It's run by guys from Reading Paintball and they can also supply kit and advice. The site is great and well run - they also don't cram 'em in - which is my only real gripe with the NPF. I find that with the sheer numbers they get in at the NPF the games end up being shortened and you're herded through like cattle to stick to a tight schedule.

Hope it helps,

Jules