Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Just a question... What if it happened here?

TheRo0sTer

VW's are the game
Hey no worries John[Sad] and Mador I like being showed the light! I have no hostilities towards either of you for sharing your opinion and information. This oil you spoke of John is the same reason your Petrol prices here in the UK are so high! I hardly doubt that USA sticks it's nose in other countries business. USA along with other counrties belong to NATO and when NATO asks countries for help we oblige!{don't quote the spelling} Thanks for the info! You guys keeping playing the game and have fun doing it! I know I do every day I pick up my Angel!

Just Curious

Jul 6, 2001
www.jerseywarriors.co.uk
I just thought i'd point something out. The situation in N.Ireland is not a 'territorial dispute'. If it was, the British would have won years ago and the thousands of people killed/maimed/injured would not have occured.

'Territorial disputes' happen when two Governments/countries argue over who owns a piece of real-estate. not when a ligitimate Govenment is faced with fighting numourous Terror groups, who, by the way, are also fighting each other.

This may seem callous when I say this but believe me,,,its not ment to be. The United States have now had a taste of what the British people(and I include the people of Ireland) have had to deal with for more than 30 years. We are all in agreement that what happened in the States was horrorific and I personally, am in total agreement in the way the US/British are handling the situation, But what will happen when the Afgan problem is finished and that nut-case is sorted? Where will the alliance take its fight?

Me, I just can't picture Tomahawks flying low over Belfast....can you? Yet the problem faced every day in N.Ireland and the rest of the U.K is knowing that we have Terrorists living in our midst. Will George Bush authorize the use of Stealth bombers or US Special Forces? I don't think so.

Britain has the best Special Forces in the world and yet they have been unable to help the situation, not because of their abilities. I have no doubt what-so-ever that if the SAS were unleashed the problem would be solved in a matter of hours BUT due to political constraints this will not happen.

So, the way I see things happening is that once the situation in Afganistan has been solved you are going to have a lot of Muslim nations asking why the Western Nations fail to use the same amount of force when confronted with Terrorist Organisations on their own doorstep.

Anyway, I'm drifting from my point which is:-
If the British Press seem slightly middle of the road its because they have been reporting this type of news for the past 30 years or so. Like anything, if you do it for so long you tend to become some-what blasie (forgive the spelling).
Remember, the USA is just one of the many nations to suffer at the hands of Terrorism, its not exclusively an American thing.

Keep the Peace

There is one thing present in all of these disputes and nearly all terrorist acts ever and that is religion!!

Muslims Vs Christians, catholics versus protestants its this blind faith, driven into people from such an early age which can make human beings act so heartlessly towards each other.

Its no wonder churches etc are getting such a poor attendance recently when so much evil sh*t is being done under the name of religion.

Maybe Christianity, islam, etc hve had their day and we should all just be cool.

pickaxeboy

eXtreme macca
Oct 23, 2001
Suffolk, UK
Visit site
where did it start?

before i start, i do not and will not agree with terrorist actions, but one person's freedom fighter is another's terrorist. eg. when the Checen (that place Russia keep fighting with) terrorists took over a hospital, killed patients and doctors then people in the street, the BBC reported them as Checen freedom fighters. and if that isn't terrorism what is?

alas i digress. just curious you said that the british press have become blaise (yeah i spelt it wrong too) about terrorism. they haven't and never will, becuase no newspaper/TV station can resist sensationalism to sell papers. every reporter, editor, newspaper, TV station, every person has a motive too. otherwise why would there even be terrorism. why else would they refer to troops as 'innocent troops'. i'm not saying it is good to kill troops but no soldier is ever innocent, they are an implement of war. calling troops innocent is the same as calling terrorists innocent, it's just your view point on it.

thr troubles in Northern Ireland look like they are comming to an end (the IRA said they were decomissioning this evening). but everyone forgets the reason Northern Ireland is such a hot bed. it dates back to the British invasion of Ireland, the subsequent occupation, war of independance, and then division of the country. the modernday IRA, are not the IRA, the modern IRA are terrorists and aren't worth the soles of the shoes of the men who fought for an independant Ireland. yet the orriginal IRA are terrorists to Britain, let me ask you this are the Americans who fought for the independance of America considered terrorists (sorrt American's i don't know the names of the organisations). the answer is no, the British press labled them terrorists because it suited them. the real terrorists were sponsered by the British (eg the Blackened Hands and the Auxilaries). and i bet they don't mention them in the British history books.

but getting back to 9th of the 11th. that was caused because of Israel (i know i spelt it wrong, sorry). this is probably the hardest question of our times, what to do with the middle east. does the west back Israel even tho a very aggressive leader is in palce (there is no arguement, Sharon is stirring it up at the moment) or does it back the repressed people of Palestine. it's a hard choice and i'm glad i'm not making it.

but a little bit of info. Muslims in Britain demand the right to build Mosques, i have no problem with this, there is more than enough room in Britain for them. but it is ILLEGAL to spread christianity in the Muslim countries, be that churches or whatever. so how is that fair? and another thing, people like the man on Channel 4 news a few weeks ago saying that he will make Britain a Muslim country are really good at p***ing off the majority of the population. fianally do the assylm seekers in Callais (yea i spelt it wrong) really expect to be tollerated if they stab a French Red-Cross worker who asked them not to celebrate the attacks on WTC.

final point, i promise. America and Britain aren't that wonderful either. America tried to exterminate the Native Americans, the British tried the same in the Irish famine (don't try to deny this because Queen Victoria said that an Irish man on the banks on the Shannon will be as rare as an Indian on the banks of the Hudson (or some other big American river)) Middle ages Europe also brutally attacked the Muslim world, the Crusades.

i'm not trying to judge any country here, and i feel everyone's point is valuable, but everyone has to be taken into account, after all we live in (semi, for Britain) democracy. and before you attack me for not supporting the strikes in Afghanistan, i do support them and i think the people of the US and UK should back up their men and women out there. but you have to let the anti-war people have their say too (just don't let hard liner Muslims hi-jack your next rally, CND ;) )

keep friendly, keep tollerance, keep 'balling

loginnut

Aug 3, 2001
Visit site
Excellent post picakaxeboy. Generally speaking if we look back into history and not the books they show in school. You can see the actions of countries have not always been in best interest of treatment of other cultures, religions, or nations.

I ask you this because it recently puzzled me? How are the men of the Revolutionary War discussed in British History classes?

We (at least i) never really did much on the war of american independence thingy...

We had plenty of much more important history to learn about :)

Also, please correct me if im wrong pickaxeboy but no americans fought in the Independance of america, because before the war of independance, there was no America therefore no Americans.
It was British versus British (i know one side had the backing of the crown) so British won, give us our country back!

Just Curious

Jul 6, 2001
www.jerseywarriors.co.uk
Irish History Lesson

This may be slightly of the point of this thread but I feel I need to reply to Pickaxeboy's post so bear with me.

1. The British NEVER invaded Ireland. The Troubles that have affected Ireland began when the Normans decided to pay a visit in 1169 until the Treaty of Limerick was signed in 1691 when the Williamite army(I'd like to point out the King William was Dutch and not English) gave the Irish and French a bit of a smacking.

2. The Penal Laws where introduced, restricting Catholic Liberty in 1695. This would back John(SAD) observation that Religion is at the root of most conflicts. After the Laws were introduced the fight for emancipation began.

3. The Great Hunger - 1845 to 1914. Also the time when the struggle for Home Rule began.

4. Easter Rising 1916. Sinn Fein get a political mandate and partition is introduced thus creating the Free State and ending in the Republic of Ireand between 1927 and 1949.

5. Between 1951-1966 the IRA actually called of their campaign in the North of Ireland and the Civil Rights Campaign began.
In 1968 it started all over again when Northern Irish Protestants attacked Civil Rights marchers with the backing of the R.U.C. thus creating the present day Troubles.

Pickaxeboy, the point of the short history lesson above----don't try to tell an Irishman the history of his Country.
I'd also like to correct you on your point of an Independent Ireland. There is no such thing. Yes, you have an Irish Republic but Ireland as a whole is not Independent. N.Ireland is still part of Britain. I'd also like to hear why you think the Modern day IRA and I take it you mean from the present day Troubles which began in 1968, are different to the IRA of 1916. Their goal is/was the same, a United Independent Ireland.

When I said the British Press were becoming blaise,
(I don' care if its spelt wrong:p)

I meant that after 30 years or so there attitude may have been a bit---- my God, thats really terrible but hey, you will get used to it. We have.----

I would have to agree with John(SAD), that religion IS at the heart of most conflicts these days.

Keep the Peace