Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Just a thought

FrontManDan

Universal Soldier
Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
ive been away from paintballing for a while and i come back and this has happened?!?

Doesnt this just seem like the newest way to squeeze your wallets. From the outside looking in, it appears that the manufactures might be getting desperate. i mean really how much better is the newest EGO compared to its predecessor. Proberbly not enough to justify spending £845 on the newest model.

If theres no reason to upgrade, then just invent one.

DJForbes

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2009
petitions.number10.gov.uk
sounds like you dont no how the world works.

everything you buy is like that.
take the new CODMW2 why by that it aint much diffrent.

or a new pair of shoes.

unless you need something or they have made a way to make a "better" shoe its just stupid. however i am stupid and altho my ,arker is prob better than a Ego 10 i still want 1

TheGurkha

WeSellCookers
Mar 15, 2006
BIRMINGSPAM
www.facebook.com
sounds like you dont no how the world works.

everything you buy is like that.
take the new CODMW2 why by that it aint much diffrent.

or a new pair of shoes.

unless you need something or they have made a way to make a "better" shoe its just stupid. however i am stupid and altho my ,arker is prob better than a Ego 10 i still want 1
I see FMDan's point, in fairness.

MW2? have you played it? of course its different.

Shoes. I buy shoes when my old ones rip.

Really bad comparisons there!

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
let's say it shoots more or less similar to the existing .68, and it marks more or less similar to the .68, and it breaks more or less similar to the .68...................

it's cheaper,
it's smaller,
it's less painfull
it uses less gas.

So you get more for your bucks,
so you can hold more paint in the hopper and pods,
so you have less bruises and it's less of a shock to the newbie,
so you get more shots from a gas tank.

Why is everyone so goddam negative:(

3L1TE hax

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2009
no, i meant that buying new markers/ drop in kits are going to be expensive, in actual fact looking at it i typed what i meant to say wrong...

basically, buying new markers and having no resale value for our old markers will be expensive, so its only the cheaper paint that will be helping us out in this situation

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
no, i meant that buying new markers/ drop in kits are going to be expensive, in actual fact looking at it i typed what i meant to say wrong...

basically, buying new markers and having no resale value for our old markers will be expensive, so its only the cheaper paint that will be helping us out in this situation
No one is forcing you to go .50cal. :rolleyes:

If you cannot afford a new marker, or a drop in kit, stick with what you have.
If .50cal does take off, .68cal will still be a round for some years yet.

Say if .50cal does take off next year, and the industry has already started making new kit, gear is rolling off the production line, in a few years time, you could probably pickup a secondhand .50cal marker for next to nothing. In the mean time, just shoot your current setup.

Most players lose out £100-£200 each year on average by changing markers (thats my personal estimate), hoppers life time are approx. 2 years for the average player ( a player who plays once or twice a month) before parts need changing to keep them running.

Pots/packs are cheap enough if it will become necessary to change.

Some players are wary of the fact these paintballs being so small, that the current masks may need changing. Airsoft players use same masks as paintballers.

I am neither for or against .50cal, i will make my decision when the time comes.:)

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
imagine if all this negativity killed off the introduction of air, and we were still stuck with co2.

I can see the comments.

The pressure's too high,
what happens if it explodes,
my ears might explode from the hissing,
the fill time is too long,
we'll have to change our bottles

Now i wonder did we make the right decision to change to air.:mad: