Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Just got an Ion, did I do the right thing!!!

Cliff-In2Deep

Banned
May 24, 2007
Basingstoke
www.in2deep.co.uk
sounds like a pretty good set up for a first torni gun,

you might wana buy a new feedneck / on off (asa) and a new trigger if you wish.
yep get a new trigger when i upgraded mine i brought a blade trigger & on changing it i noticed that it had broken by the magnet it still worked but the blade was a lot lighter & quicker also as badd say's an on/off ASA to shorten your macroline by 3/4 inches mine was about 2inches in total from ASA to reg making it a tighter profile when used..

HammersmithZak

ROFLCOPTER!
Jul 1, 2007
Barnes Hammersmith
www.myspace.com
Not really, but they do serve their purpose well as starter markers with cheap upgrades and plenty of support available. You didn't make the wrong choice ;)

-Will
ok they arent the best marker in the world but not many young people on here can splash the cash on a 300-1000 quid marker tbh.

in all reality the ion does serve its pupose as a reliable marker however if your really really into tourny play then maybe something else should be on the cards.

however for recball and that odd lower league tourney its perfect in my opinion without burning a massive hole in ya wallet

peace;)

ddr400

TEAM SPS
Aug 29, 2007
Watford
www.sps-paintball.co.uk
Wow thanks guys,

Feeling much better about the whole thing now!

Would rather do woodland I suppose seeing as all my stuff is camo! I watched a few sup air matches and it looks like im going to end up doing that as my local place (Go Ballistic - St Albans / Bricket wood) only has Sup Air for people with electric markers.

As for upgrades, a Trinity T-Lock Clamping Feed Neck is defo a first, want a new trigger and a body kit and Dentents as i dont like the black. I dont like the amount of plastic on the marker but hey it was cheap. I quite like an idea of a QEV too. But ive only had it a day and havent even fired it yet as my air system arrives tommorow! :D

Thanks for calling me a young person, at 25 i dont here it very often. Perhaps its time to grow up and stop spending my money on toys :rolleyes:

I live in watford, where would you guys recomend going for a walk on day or just a place to go that will let me use my marker?

Thanks again for such a quick responce! Just trying to get my mate to part with some cash now and upgrade his marker to electric.

ddr400

TEAM SPS
Aug 29, 2007
Watford
www.sps-paintball.co.uk
I tried to pop in and see Yorkie today but it was shut :( where do you go? im assuming bricket wood?

You there a lot? been a couple of times, i was the one with the camo Tac 5 and my mate had a blue and silver JT something or other in black overalls?

I went and got my stuff from Jon at lips, friendly guy, good advice and had all but the air in stock!

What does your Advatar say>?

ddr400

TEAM SPS
Aug 29, 2007
Watford
www.sps-paintball.co.uk
Thanks Marcus! Thats a big help.

And yea guess your right Spangley it does what it needs to do and it my first proper marker. Kinda wishing i had had a look in the classifieds first there seems to be some good markers going for not a lot and I got all my stuff new!

Marcus Geezer

Platinum Member
Yes you did the right thing....

Thanks Marcus! Thats a big help.

And yeah guess your right Spangley it does what it needs to do and it my first proper marker. Kinda wishing i had had a look in the classifieds first there seems to be some good markers going for not a lot and I got all my stuff new!
Their is nothing wrong in buying your stuff new. You have a warranty and you have confidence that some little buggar who thinks they know what they are doing hasn't sold you a marker that has been set up all wrong.

If Jon at LPS has sold you this stuff then you've bought it from the right place. If you have ANY problems with your kit, they will always help you without question.

Their is nothing wrong with an Ion. You'll hear a lot of people say it is this and that but for the money it is a top marker. One day you'll upgrade, but for the moment, as spangley says you can take it out of the box and shoot 15bps consistently.

The Ion is a good starter choice, and I owned one for about 10 months before recently upgrading to a Limited Edition PMR. I upgraded my Ion to the point where it wasn't really much of an Ion anymore, but in reflection although it's a rocking and rolling beast, should have saved the money and upgraded a bit earlier.

So please take some good advice. Don't upgrade more than a couple of cheap things such as QEV / Firebolt / that kind of thing. Use the Ion to break yourself into paintball, and when you become more familiar with everything and have saved enough money upgrade to a different marker do so, if indeed you want to.

topchef

'Hotgun Al'
Feb 22, 2006
Broseley, nr telford,nr birmingham
Kinda wishing i had had a look in the classifieds first there seems to be some good markers going for not a lot and I got all my stuff new!
Its all in the learning curve mate;) I did exactly the same thing when I first got my own kit. Before I really sussed out the true value of the P8nt classifieds I bought every single piece of my kit brand spankers from online stores and my local pro shop. It was only a little later on down the line that I realised I could have got allot better kit for the same money I spent ion my Ion starter kit (although second hand).

My humble advice is simple
Go play with your new gat, learn from it, get better at shooting with it, even teach yourself how to tech it (Ions are a piece of cake;)). Then when you have picked up a bit more experience you will be much better equipped with the knowledge of what you want out of your next marker. Also keep an eye on the classifieds so you are aware of the current rate of different gats.

-ChEf