Planet Eclipse Warped Sports Manic Paintball Just Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball

Just starting - recommendations best marker 2017 £100-£200

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by Dinan Gunawardena, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Dinan Gunawardena BaronVonDino

Dinan Gunawardena
    Message Count:
    Hi All,

I've been paintballing (arrive+hire) many times and recently got invited to a training session for a tornament team. I'm hooked and want to get some equipment of my own so I can join the team.

I've read a few threads on decent markers, is it possible to get one for tornament use in the £100-200 - would this be feasible for new or should I be looking at second hand. What would be the best recommendations for something decent?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    --
    --Dinan

2. scooby_doo Born to be BUD

scooby_doo
    Message Count:
    You are looking at second hand with your price range.

You would be better off borrowing one for first few sessions as markers are pretty much split into spool valve or poppit (ie cs1 or lv1)

Once you know what you prefer then buy something in your budget

Dinan Gunawardena likes this.
  3. Dinan Gunawardena BaronVonDino

Dinan Gunawardena
    Message Count:
    I got to borrow a Planet Eclipse Geo CS1 when I went out with the tornament team - this was awesome but aat £1200 (new) well outside of my price range. I could tweak the budget up a bit to £300 but this is definitely the upper bound.

4. scooby_doo Born to be BUD

scooby_doo
    Message Count:
    I wasn't suggesting you buy one lol just using it as an example of a spool valve and lv1 as a poppit.

For 2-300 you can pick up a decent older marker such as an ego or dm or abit newer etek 5, Gtek (perhaps) or axe.

Lots of choice in 2nd hand

5. scooby_doo Born to be BUD

scooby_doo
    Message Count:
    Currently most tournaments are capped rof and most electronic markers can hit those rof easily just do it with a little more or less style.