Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Just starting - recommendations best marker 2017 £100-£200

Dinan Gunawardena

BaronVonDino
Sep 8, 2017
Cambridgeshire
Hi All,

I've been paintballing (arrive+hire) many times and recently got invited to a training session for a tornament team. I'm hooked and want to get some equipment of my own so I can join the team.

I've read a few threads on decent markers, is it possible to get one for tornament use in the £100-200 - would this be feasible for new or should I be looking at second hand. What would be the best recommendations for something decent?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
--
--Dinan

Reactions: Thebandit

scooby_doo

Born to be BUD
Jan 11, 2007
Liverpool
You are looking at second hand with your price range.

You would be better off borrowing one for first few sessions as markers are pretty much split into spool valve or poppit (ie cs1 or lv1)

Once you know what you prefer then buy something in your budget

Dinan Gunawardena

BaronVonDino
Sep 8, 2017
Cambridgeshire
I got to borrow a Planet Eclipse Geo CS1 when I went out with the tornament team - this was awesome but aat £1200 (new) well outside of my price range. I could tweak the budget up a bit to £300 but this is definitely the upper bound.

scooby_doo

Born to be BUD
Jan 11, 2007
Liverpool
I wasn't suggesting you buy one lol just using it as an example of a spool valve and lv1 as a poppit.

For 2-300 you can pick up a decent older marker such as an ego or dm or abit newer etek 5, Gtek (perhaps) or axe.

Lots of choice in 2nd hand

garymabbott

Dec 20, 2016
With a budget of up to £300, you can get quite a lot of bang for your buck, for instance there is a dye dm13 on the sale pages for around £250, 4/5years ago that was a £1400/1500 marker and still a very competitive marker

Luke Dreelan

Sep 28, 2017
Windsor
i personally would suggest a PE marker in that range you could get a decent ego or etek or even go with a new etha PE has some of the best customer service in the UK and would highly recommend their markers

Thebandit

Oct 9, 2017
Buying a second hand marker is pretty tricky as almost all sites are blocking the sail of "guns". Unless you know somebody that has markers to sell you are better off buying used but reconditioned markers from paintball shops. Saying this, which ones to buy as you will be spoiled for choice and could end up buying a marker that you do not like. Forums like this and guys on here will give you advice (thank you) on what is good for what, but at the end of the day the choice will be yours :) happy hunting buddy and good luck.

garymabbott

Dec 20, 2016
By far the best and safest place to buy a second hand marker is right here!
From what I see the mods/admin are and the ball with anything not as per the rules...plus on here most people know each other from the fb pages and the places they play for so it's a tighter comunity