Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Justice

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
possibly, as Mark is in the "business" so to speak, he failed to give the exact reference laymen such as ourselves would need. In Marks prevoius post he mainly talks about life sentences, and i just took it he was referring to this as a life sentence, which makes sense.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Not to me it don't .. I took it to mean he was giving an example of denial affecting a person's sentence .... I just showed the post to my wife and asked her to read it [she had no idea about all this by the way] and after she had read it, I asked her how long was the sentence this person got ... she replied '11 years' ... I'm not gonna go on about this [yeah I know i am] but he states she got 11 years, that's unequivocal with no hint whatsoever that she didn't get 11 years ... I can say no more ... thankfully.

I'm therefore guilty of an heinous crime in believing what was written down .... let's hope I don't do any bird for the crime :)
I need sleep ... I'm worried about what Jack [Bambulus] is gonna come back to me with in that 'Jay' thread.

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
Not to me it don't .. I took it to mean he was giving an example of denial affecting a person's sentence .... I just showed the post to my wife and asked her to read it [she had no idea about all this by the way] and after she had read it, I asked her how long was the sentence this person got ... she replied '11 years' ... I'm not gonna go on about this [yeah I know i am] but he states she got 11 years, that's unequivocal with no hint whatsoever that she didn't get 11 years ... I can say no more ... thankfully.

I'm therefore guilty of an heinous crime in believing what was written down .... let's hope I don't do any bird for the crime :)
I need sleep ... I'm worried about what Jack [Bambulus] is gonna come back to me with in that 'Jay' thread.
I doubt you'll get 11 years:)

no-infernomark

I think therefore I am.
Sep 19, 2005
Kettering
i see that Mark doesn't actually say that this person recieved a life sentence, but the general conversation within this thread is steered that way, so i believe Mark meant it that way.
This is why, to me, your are Sir Allen.

i mentioned that i had completed a survey on the thoughts and feelings of a collection of prisoners both male and female, this is only a small selection of the 86000+ people in prison but then is only a sample for the purpose of my exam, now to say that this is accurate or not is by and by, just because your friends that say no one gives a hoot about committing crime or because you say that they don't is totally ludicrous. neither option will give a definitive answer on this but just because stone cold said so does not mean it is so.
i have been in the service for 7 years and have been truly astounded with what i have experienced, and a lot of people are genuinely remorseful and feel guilt and to most 'normal' (not suffering from drug induced mental health issues) they do regret and hate being in prison. the majority of prisoners you will come in contact with who have no remorse are drug users where their only focus is scoring.
considering we had been talking about life sentences throughout this thread i thought is was pretty obvious that i would be talking about a case of a life sentence prisoner. guess not.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
This is why, to me, your are Sir Allen.

i mentioned that i had completed a survey on the thoughts and feelings of a collection of prisoners both male and female, this is only a small selection of the 86000+ people in prison but then is only a sample for the purpose of my exam, now to say that this is accurate or not is by and by, just because your friends that say no one gives a hoot about committing crime or because you say that they don't is totally ludicrous. neither option will give a definitive answer on this but just because stone cold said so does not mean it is so.
i have been in the service for 7 years and have been truly astounded with what i have experienced, and a lot of people are genuinely remorseful and feel guilt and to most 'normal' (not suffering from drug induced mental health issues) they do regret and hate being in prison. the majority of prisoners you will come in contact with who have no remorse are drug users where their only focus is scoring.
considering we had been talking about life sentences throughout this thread i thought is was pretty obvious that i would be talking about a case of a life sentence prisoner. guess not.

Absolute bullsh!t, why make people have to infer it with absolutely no hint that anything was to be inferred [which is what you are saying] when you could have just said she got a life sentence instead of what you wrote, 'she received 11 years' ??
This just makes no sense whatsoever, none !!

The only reason you have adopted this position is because Tom gave you a back door coz I will bet my house on the fact you wouldn't have come up with that on yer own.

I woulda thought that was obvious ... guess not :rolleyes:

I'm done with this thread, my head hurts from banging the prison wall ...
Have fun !!

no-infernomark

I think therefore I am.
Sep 19, 2005
Kettering
il let the governor know you have a access to the internet, added days for that;)

clearly your very opinionated and its excellent that you argue the point so it does not become a dead dogma. just disagree with you.

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
Absolute bullsh!t, why make people have to infer it with absolutely no hint that anything was to be inferred [which is what you are saying] when you could have just said she got a life sentence instead of what you wrote, 'she received 11 years' ??
This just makes no sense whatsoever, none !!

The only reason you have adopted this position is because Tom gave you a back door coz I will bet my house on the fact you wouldn't have come up with that on yer own.

I woulda thought that was obvious ... guess not :rolleyes:

I'm done with this thread, my head hurts from banging the prison wall ...
Have fun !!

I hate to butt in, but I thought the same as above (about the 11 years). I was equally confused by the '11-years post', but I wasn't sure whether it was the content or the writing style that was doing my head in. I also have a really hard time reconciling prison 'screw' with noinferno's profile pic, but that's another matter entirely.

Edit - I think it's the writing style as much as anything else that confuses me - have a hard time decyphering the above post too. Are there, like, words missed out altogether or something?

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
Missy and Pete, i can see exactly what your saying.
But you're wrong Pete, Mark did mean a life sentence and was not "saved" by my post.
I have a friend very high up in the probation service so this 11 year thing was fairly obvious to me as i knew where the conversation was going. From a totally neutral position and on face value i can see how your fixating on the 11 year sentence, as that was what Mark wrote, but he was taking the last post further without the need to fully explain the situation.

no-infernomark

I think therefore I am.
Sep 19, 2005
Kettering
oh sod it curiosity got the better of me.

Robbo,
what do you think should happen in the prison system? how would you run the prisons within the confines of the law that we are governed by now? how would rapists be treated etc?
instead of flaming anyone who has a different opinion why not offer your views on the subject? it would be an interesting read.

Biscuit

Mar 21, 2006
wakey
Visit site
now has being a father of a victim of crime here are my views.
if in court they say you get 10 years you do ,10 years minus remand
not 5 because you have behaved.you are only behaving because you are locked up
and you have the chance for a lighter sentence,does the victim ,no they have a life sentence .
repeat offenders should be like the states ,3 strikes and you get a life sentence,instead of this well they didn`t mean too do it again.
now i`m going to stick up for the police they do a brill job then the cps let them down by slapping wrists.
my last comment is until one of your family are a victim of crime, we all tend to be abit it`s not that bad.
know think my daughter has just been raped, the judge gives him 5 yrs and they will be out in 2 yrs, who suffers not the prisoner the victim they could meet them on the street at any time:mad:

Reactions: Codiak