Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

K series mk3 or phenom mag kit, or phenom dmag kit

Adrenochrome

da puffmeister
Jul 12, 2001
surrey
So I'm looking at going true magfed for a game or 2.
Have a couple of tib pistols but they don't feel right in rifle form.

Anyway a little advice.

Looking at the mk3 and the rap4 magfed kits for the phenom.
Both will cost me appx 300 to get them where I want them with mags etc. that's with phenom on remote and mk3 with air in stock.

So which stacks up better, believe the mk3 is tippy a5 internals so pretty basic but the phenom is mech/electro.

Second q is if I go phenom do I get dmags ( 7 a side sounds a bit poor) or the mag kit that will take the milsig mags.

Help a poor sup air addict turn to the dark side

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
I'd probably wait for the Milsig M17 to arrive, has just been announced as a replacement to the MK3.

I had a Phenom with DMAGs and while it was ok, I certainly experienced more breech breaks that I did running a TiPX.

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
Ah, think we've getting wires crossed - thought that Adreno was talking about the Milsig MK3 (which you're right Jim, does have a spool valve heat core), but re-reading I think he might mean the RAP4/Tacamo MKV - which is a Tippmann conversion kit?

RobbyT

I like potatoes
Jan 3, 2013
Chelmsford
So I'm looking at going true magfed for a game or 2.
Have a couple of tib pistols but they don't feel right in rifle form.

Anyway a little advice.

Looking at the mk3 and the rap4 magfed kits for the phenom.
Both will cost me appx 300 to get them where I want them with mags etc. that's with phenom on remote and mk3 with air in stock.

So which stacks up better, believe the mk3 is tippy a5 internals so pretty basic but the phenom is mech/electro.

Second q is if I go phenom do I get dmags ( 7 a side sounds a bit poor) or the mag kit that will take the milsig mags.

Help a poor sup air addict turn to the dark side
In a nutshell you want to go for the milsig mk3..

The mk3 was designed to be a true magfed gun and despite having the basic model and internals of an a5, it is a pure magfed gun.. This means the bolt, core and output systemis designed for magfed creating many less breaks of balls and makes it more efficant..

It isn't electric like the phenom BUT if you are taking out mags of 18 rounds, you don't want electronic and u tend to spray accidently and run outta ammo... Also the e-grip tends to break every 200 paintballs which is a very high breakage rate..

The tacamo kits are good... But the phenom which it will be fitted to isnt designed to be magfed and if they are not fitted perfectly then you will experience breakages, gas leaks and needs much more maintenance