Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Karny Upgrades And Possibilities???

Fish

CF6
May 15, 2006
Central London
*edit*ignore me, forgot a bit of what you said :) thanks... may sound like a stupid question, but you wouldn't happen to have msn would you? its just easier that way... :) *edit*

Lucky

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2004
rochester, UK
So you are special needs.....interesting?:D

What hopper are you running?

I have MSN but can't use it at work, E-mail me for a quicker turn around

Fish

CF6
May 15, 2006
Central London
yup, im special all right :p

at the min, ive been running off of an egg thats had no problem feeding 15 before... ive just bought a reloader b though.

you see, the board appeared to screw up right after getting a few shots that went into the frame around the trigger and grips... i had a problem with the board but sorted it, but of lake it appears it has been done some long term damage :( it may just need all the series modes resetting... etc, but i dont know where to get that done if planet dont touch them any more :confused:

dr.strangelove

PrematurelyPost-Traumatic
Sep 14, 2002
Earth
Cockers are always a little more gas hungry than most other markers as they work at higher pressures than most.
Wrong, and wrong. 'Cockers aren't usually all that gas hungry, and they don't work on higher pressures than any popit-style guns. Your input pressure will be between 200 and 300 psi, LPR at or below 90 psi. Your logic is convoluted anyway, as LP is far less efficient on air than HP. Remember, low pressure = high volume. You will need a larger volume of air at a lower pressure than you will with high pressure.

It might seem strange but go for the LPR first, you'll achieve much more constant velocitys with it.
The LPR doesn't really have any effect on velocity: all it does is control the back block and bolt, it does not in any way change the amount of air released by the valve and out through the bolt to propel the ball, so any improved consistency you're seeing in changing your LPR is purely placebo effect. Your main reg will help you much more with velocity consistency.

To the OP, it sounds like your gun is pretty much functioning fine, no? So what's wrong with that? New trigger for comfort, new feedneck for functionality, maybe a new barrel, what else do you need? You could always half-block it. There's a pic of a half-blocked Karny at www.halfcocker.com on the main page, it's absolutely secksual (yes, with a "ck" even!). I'd recommend not fixing what isn't broken, spend your loot on paint and blow people's heads off.

Fish

CF6
May 15, 2006
Central London
thanks doc. :) so ive got some opinions on the up's options... ok, so what about this board, any idea there??? saves me starting a new thread :D thankyou

dr.strangelove

PrematurelyPost-Traumatic
Sep 14, 2002
Earth
Can't help ya on the board, sorry, don't have any experience with them (the last 'cocker I owned was a 2k1 right feed with a Centerflag Uprising frame on it. It was my tinker toy). You might want to try Skeet, he owned a 'cocker for some time and has got some experience with the board and settings.

Lucky

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2004
rochester, UK
dr.strangelove said:
Wrong, and wrong. 'Cockers aren't usually all that gas hungry, and they don't work on higher pressures than any popit-style guns.

They do in general use a bit more gas than the likes of an Ion, i was generally speaking, and from personal experience My cocker uses more gas than my Ion, (not a hypothetical amount, an actual tested amount)

The LPR doesn't really have any effect on velocity: all it does is control the back block and bolt, it does not in any way change the amount of air released by the valve and out through the bolt to propel the ball, so any improved consistency you're seeing in changing your LPR is purely placebo effect. Your main reg will help you much more with velocity consistency.

"true in general but then why did Belsales sell me one because my velocitys where inconsistant and when i changed "only" that part and "nothing" else, that they stabilised to a much more acceptable velocity grouping?
I never claim to be an expert just merely someone who has struggled through the cocker learning curve:eek:

Lucky

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2004
rochester, UK
Fish said:
yup, im special all right :p

at the min, ive been running off of an egg thats had no problem feeding 15 before... ive just bought a reloader b though.
My Egg slowed up and quite simply will not keep up with the gun anymore, it used to but won't anymore. It does maybe 12 at best.
I spent loads of time and money trying to sort the gun when it turned out to be the hopper:mad:
I switch over to Halo and the marker rips like a good un:D
The other anomally i had with the Egg was that i was getting a "lot" of ball breaks because it wasn't feeding quick enough, again using the Halo i get next to none?
Use the Egg on my Ion and it just stutters occasionally but never breaks either:confused:
Try the Halo first:rolleyes:

Fish

CF6
May 15, 2006
Central London
nah, ive used the egg when the board was fine and it shot ropes at 15bps on ramping... perfectly :)

it also seems to dislike a bottle when it drops under 1000psi... it has massive velocity drops and is like a peashooter... absolutely pathetic! but over 1000psi, it shoots up to 13bps perfect... if only it went to 15 in ramp like it should?! grrr! :eek: