Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

keeping fit for paintball?

Sep 27, 2016
Nottingham
So just been skirmish for the day with all the newbies like! (including me of course)

Want to do the walk ons though, but realised how fit you have to be! And how unfit I am!

Just wondering what you guys and gals do for fitness? Or do you just go to your training days as part of the routine?

Or just go for a run most days?

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
I tend to do some 20oz curls on both arms. Then a light jog, then some whiskey lifts. Followed by deep breathing exercises.

If I were younger...I'd just focus on Yoga and Cardio. Being able to be fluid in your movements, and keeping stretched out is important.

Reactions: Jamie-C-Pball91
Sep 27, 2016
Nottingham
Sounds better than I thought it was gonna be!

I can do running, and have done a bit of yoga before. so shouldn't be too hard to make a routine of it :)

Hunkulus

Sep 17, 2016
Aerobic exercise is great for your heart and keeping you supple and (hopefully) injury free.
You can laugh if you want but I did a few home exercise videos a while back ( Davina McColl if you must know) and I've got to say there was a noticeable difference in how easily I could jump around and shift my body weight. It was mostly light hand weights with lunges and curls etc interspersed with cardiovascular elements to raise the heart rate.
Only thing was it got boring after a while watching the same thing but definitely worth the time.
Circuits at a local gym would do the same thing.

Hunkulus

Sep 17, 2016
Please if you go to the gym don't just run on a treadmill. You'll kill your knees and get little benefit. Get those legs worked properly and when they've recovered a bit do some interval training. Deadlifts, Squats, curls and calf presses in that order and you'll see a big difference in your sprinting ability. Your upper body is important too but everybody wants to work the glamour muscles anyway so I'll leave that to you :D

Sep 27, 2016
Nottingham
Aerobic exercise is great for your heart and keeping you supple and (hopefully) injury free.
You can laugh if you want but I did a few home exercise videos a while back ( Davina McColl if you must know) and I've got to say there was a noticeable difference in how easily I could jump around and shift my body weight. It was mostly light hand weights with lunges and curls etc interspersed with cardiovascular elements to raise the heart rate.
Only thing was it got boring after a while watching the same thing but definitely worth the time.
Circuits at a local gym would do the same thing.
Please if you go to the gym don't just run on a treadmill. You'll kill your knees and get little benefit. Get those legs worked properly and when they've recovered a bit do some interval training. Deadlifts, Squats, curls and calf presses in that order and you'll see a big difference in your sprinting ability. Your upper body is important too but everybody wants to work the glamour muscles anyway so I'll leave that to you :D
Thanks for the tips! :) hey! There is nothing wrong with watching and doing some exercise with davina mcoll! Haha
Would help to get me motivated to begin with I guess, then I could do my own thing!

I just need to get fit in general so all of this helpful! Thanks :D

Reactions: Hunkulus
Sep 8, 2016
You can't beat some basic, own body weight strength and mobility exercises. Mobility being key if you are just starting out. I'd encourage getting full range of motion everywhere you can. It's a great base to build upon.

Hunkulus

Sep 17, 2016
Thanks for the tips! :) hey! There is nothing wrong with watching and doing some exercise with davina mcoll! Haha
Would help to get me motivated to begin with I guess, then I could do my own thing!

I just need to get fit in general so all of this helpful! Thanks :D
Yep, Davina does help make it a bit easier to get motivated lol. Cheapest easiest way to get started is with hand weights and stuff like pull ups and other body weight exercises pal. Just ten minutes can make a big difference. Just remember to loosen up and stretch!

Sep 27, 2016
Nottingham
Yeah, I've got some hand weights lying around which I could blow the dust off and use haha. Yeah definitely dont want to go and pull any of those muscles before I'm actually playing!

Sep 8, 2016
Best thing I ever did as far as improving my Gym and Fitness regime in general, was working on shoulder and back mobility as well as my Hips.