Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Keith Idema's Final walk to the Paintball Dead-Box !!

Freak36

Feb 15, 2012
Jeez, sounds like a few chapters out of a fictional story.

Pardon my American ignorance, but is a doorman the equivalent to a bouncer or a security guard of some sort?

Last edited:

black_Rat

Jun 9, 2010
West Sussex
the only bit about keith idema i know about was when a team went up to collect their prize (forgive me for not knowing who they were it was over 15 years ago), keith was on the stage he somehow got hold of one of the team vest ripped it up in front of everyone then gave him another (or that is how i remember the story is the mag) he came across as a very intense person

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
I was an event where someone had a booth with a similar combat vest to the one Keith was selling. Cant remember if it was a Mayhem event or the Nashville Masters (its all a blur), but it was way back in the day.
He got up and stood on the table of the vendor, grabbed the vest, pulled out a bowie knife, cut the vest in half, threw it down on the table then and pissed on it...

I miss the old days...

chris jones

Jun 25, 2017
bracknell
At the world speedball at Pondwood 90 or 91 he tore up a vest. He was going to tear it with his bare hands to show how crap it was but it was a pretty well made vest and a knife had to be used to get it started. Later Keith said that not only were his vests were being copied but they were trying to copy his quality too.

The vest was made by a Welsh guy called Nigel Thomas trading as combat clothing and a lot of his stuff was a bit too similar to Idema systems. In fact he said he had basically ripped off ICS. Mick Holdaway told Keith I knew where this Nigel Thomas lived and he wanted me to drive him down there on the Saturday night so he could show him the error of his ways. Lucky for Nigel Thomas we got Idema started on the beer instead so we had a night of stories rather than a trip down the M4.

Mick persuaded Keith not to go after Nigel Thomas and not long after he pulled out of paintball. I don't know what would have happened to him but at the least he would have had a pretty bad slapping.

If you met Keith Idema you never forgot him. It's a shame he's gone, the guy was real character.