Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Kids Today...

Kem

HEADSHOT
Dec 16, 2008
S****horpe ... gah
im 19 comming on 20 so if you count me as a kid then your obviously too old however from reading this thread i have noticed alot of you seem less than happy about kids in the sport , this i obviously just bad experiences with kids as players.

I play almost every weeknd and its a crippling finacial commitment as a student and anyone younger has a difficultly getting money to play more then once a month let alone tourneys

the problem is not kids in the sport but d1ckhead spoilt little rich kids in the sport, you will always find that most of the kids able to player tourneys and get down on site regularly are people whos parent when out and spent a grand plus on gear and pay for them to play when ever they want.

People like this hate not getting their own way and always think they are the best at everything so when more veteren players come a long with mad skillz and yet a worse gun they show no respect and then give **** when they lose yet when its the players who save their paper round money or what ever that only afford to play once a month and sit there with ions , spyders, slgs , pmr ect they are good and fun player to b around.

DJForbes

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2009
petitions.number10.gov.uk
i disagree. rich kids atleast show a respect for equipment etc
. poor kids tent to be jack asses who will destroy anything and everything. its somewhere in the middle you want. respect for people and just enough cash to get a game once in a while

am 24 what you count me as?
the young people i play with do have there own gear mostly as birthday or christmas gifts tho.

Matski

SO hot right now
Aug 8, 2001
Yeah you guys are right, it's always rich kids or poor kids. At least this absolves the other kids from blame.

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
i disagree. rich kids atleast show a respect for equipment etc
. poor kids tent to be jack asses who will destroy anything and everything. its somewhere in the middle you want. respect for people and just enough cash to get a game once in a while

am 24 what you count me as?
the young people i play with do have there own gear mostly as birthday or christmas gifts tho.
U18 is a kid. You're an adult.

Now, I know everyone is going to have a cow about this next question, and before you start, its an open-ended question. I could argue for or against it, and I believe I would be relatively convincing either way. Here goes:

If paintball was made an 'Over 18 only' sport - would that be better or worse for the industry?

OK, thats the question, I ask it because someone wrote earlier that if Kids were not playing paintball, then the industry would disappear. Others were saying there is no fuure without kids in the game etc.

I'm looking for people to make a case either way, without decending into incoherant (p)outrage that the question has even been asked. This is called debating, and the idea is to keep your rattle in your pram at all times. If you throw your rattle - you lose.

DJForbes

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2009
petitions.number10.gov.uk
as you said open ended i see pros and cons.

a 14 year old getting hit at 280 fps could be put off thegame from the start. however if they like it at that age we then have a lifetime gamer. so its a 50/50 there

they may be imature and anoying but they will take a run sum1 else wouldnt. therfore adding either xcitment or rly pissing off. 50/50

i guess you get the idea. but as long as its 50/50 then its fine.

however a rule change for younger people maybe. ie body armour and lower speeds ?

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
as you said open ended i see pros and cons.

a 14 year old getting hit at 280 fps could be put off thegame from the start. however if they like it at that age we then have a lifetime gamer. so its a 50/50 there

they may be imature and anoying but they will take a run sum1 else wouldnt. therfore adding either xcitment or rly pissing off. 50/50

i guess you get the idea. but as long as its 50/50 then its fine.

however a rule change for younger people maybe. ie body armour and lower speeds ?
Yes, an argument for having U18's play would be that players are getting turned on to paintball earlier, but does that argument hold water?

An argument that could be made is this. The majority of people are in paintball for a number of years, its a small percentile that stay in the game for more than 5 years. Now, do you want a customer for 5 years starting at 13 and ending at 18, knowing that this customer has minimal disposable income, is going to be relying on public or parental transportation, and is, technically, an 'immature client' with minimal yield?
or
Is it better for those 5 years to be 18 thru 23, when the customer is in employment, has his own disposable income, and is far more independant?

Whats more, will the 18-23 yr old have more fun, because he has been waiting for his opportunity to play paintball for years, and he does not have to worry about shooting-up any kids?
Will more adults play, if you have to be an adult to play?
Paintball could become one of those 'rites of passage' type activities, another thing to look forward to when you get a bit older. Would that benefit the industry?

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
a 14 year old getting hit at 280 fps could be put off thegame from the start.
At 14 i wasn't put off, at 13 i wasn't put off. You mis-underestimate how badass it feels to be a youngster playing paintball.

Younger kids are naturally inclined to be tw*ts (in the eyes of the over 18 baller). Its not a character flaw, its how you grow. At that sort of age you think you know everything and you're king of the world. As people, they are still immature. This is completely natural.

It is up to the older baller to "school" the younger ones. Older players need to mould younger players into good, honest and respectful players. I would say half the problems over 18 ballers have with the younger generation is that those who are idiots have been schooled by older players who think that by cheating and screaming and whatever at the refs and generally being knobs, they are good role models for the young. Those are the people who i would have severe problems with. If i actually gave a ****.

Youngsters are the future. Taught properly and coached right the next generation of "big names" will come through missy. I just worry that too many older players aren't the correct role models for these younger players who are obviously copying behaviour from the older generation.

paintball_scots

Platinum Member
Feb 12, 2008
glasgow
what gets on my tits is the whole "heart" thing.

like "heart wins tournaments"
and you hear matty marshall going on about these aftermath kids having huge heart. if heart means being a pissy when you lose and blowing up at refs... ripping off a other players mask

Mactoshdog

LIKES RED
Oct 12, 2008
North East, Sunderland
i dont think making it 18+ will kill the sport, would p!ss off a whole load of people though. kids dont realy have the spending power to noticably effect the industy, so i dont think their would be any problems there, as for getting new players, you have to be 17+ to drive, but do you see a lack of younger drivers? no, they look falward to it, they get exited about it, then once they can drive, they will. is paintball went 18+ i think it would have a similar effect.
having said that, having no kids playing would lower the standard of play, it is much easyer to pick something up at a younger age, im sure no one will argue against that, so by starting young, its possible they could be "pro" by the time their 18, thus giving a higer number of quality of players, which makes for better tornys.

however i dont see any reason for brining in such a rule, its perfectly safe for kids and as far as behavior gose, simply kick out the problem ones, and leave everyone else to it