Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

"Killing in the Name" For Christmas No.1

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
It's also one of the reasons why people with "street" mentalities (like a lot of rappers) do relatively well in this industry. Ice Cube once renegotiated a contract by going into the label boss' office carrying a baseball bat. :D
Jay, do you remember some time back when I was suggesting the only language that is practical [in the definitive use of the word practical] was violence, or at least the threat of it.

It is a sad indictment of today's society that we have stooped so low as to allow violence to pop its head up as candidate for most effective language of communication.

I could never/would never advocate its use for anyone else but I find more and more situations in my life where a 'personal appearance' is becoming appropriate.

I detest the fact we have come so far down this road but the blame doesn't lie with the people like Ice Cube who resorted to the threat of violence but with the people like cowell and other music execs [and many other execs in other fields] who repeatedly take advantage of people time and again, and nothing ever happens to them in terms of punishment.

I realize greed for money and power lie at the heart of this problem but until there is some active deterrent for these people, they will continue to take due advantage of everybody they can ... our politicians have done the self same for years and we all sat back and watched it unfold and did nothing.

In their case, they have been shamed into action but the only reason they
were shamed was because it was all made public, if that hadn't happened, they would have all continued to steal money from us, of that I am 100% sure.
Our society is more corrupt now than it has ever been, and it is corrupt on every level imaginable, it's a shame really :rolleyes:

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
I certainly remember that. In fact (Warning: Boring history lesson ahead!), during the Cuban missile crisis US secretary of defense Robert McNamara had a senior Navy officer look at a map which showed all the US warships used in the blockade of Cuba and he then told the officer: "This... This is language. This is the President trying to communicate with Secretary Kruschchev."

By the way, I don't blame Ice Cube. What he did was threaten physical violence against those who held him pinned down with legal and financial "violence". He was sicked of being pimped.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
By the way, I don't blame Ice Cube. What he did was threaten physical violence against those who held him pinned down with legal and financial "violence". He was sicked of being pimped.
A trickle of hope runs down my spine when I hear of such things but then I realise just what provoked my response ...... why the fuhk does it have to come to a position whereby violence is the only effective language???

The answer is actually alarmingly simple ...... an awful lot of people are so fuhking greedy for money, their own set of moral conditioning has long since given up applying the brakes and they end up hurtling down 'take the piss' highway ..... they have no moral touchstone left in their lives and they define themselves with how much money they can amass ... and that is an even more slippery slope.

No deterrents = no self regulation = no limits

Add violence [or an alternative active deterrent] into the mix and the equation changes :-

Threat of being hurt = self regulation = no problem

I like not having problems :)

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
admit your wrong when faced with facts isnt that hard :p
You'd be surprised with just how many people fail to appreciate just how easy it is ... and that includes me :)

and i must agree violence is a great way to get your point across. however where it can lead to isnt always worth it.
Correct, violence is a beast that has a life of its own and goes off in unpredictable ways, and that's because when people get hurt, extremely strong emotions are bought into play and when that happens, trying to predict the direction events will take is almost impossible.

I have been involved in a few 'horrible' situations and if there's one thing I have learned from all of those incidents, it is to try and avoid anything similar no matter what ... problem is, sometimes you can't, sometimes violence is the route of lesser evil.

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
It's quite scary though when you think about how easily a million can just turn into vapor in a second...
Yes indeedy, and then some. Anyway, Simon Cowell and record companies are not charities, they need a return on their investment (as do their shareholders / investors - if you don't think Simon Cowell is leveraged you're having a giraffe). Whilst it appears the artists "may" get a bad deal, a lot of people take a dick in the ass for a lot less; that's for sure. Fiscal prudence dictates they do not overpay artists and lest we forget the X Factor allows for the fast tracking of an artist to chart success. How many bands / artists spend years earning a pittance before even mild success (and boy don't they whine about it). At the end of the day a lot of these cashcow artists allow the music companies to still continue to support more niche / less popular music. OK, so the thought of putting money first might be distasteful, but in the words of Nino Brown: "Money talks, bullsh*t runs the marathon".

Anyway, as far as the collies green linguini's go this campaign did FA to damage the commercial success of the X Factor single; just removed the kudos of the Xmas number 1. If anything the thought of a genuine race, might of prompted more wall sitters to buy the X factor single (hence inadvertently you made Simon more rips)....

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Yes indeedy, and then some. Anyway, Simon Cowell and record companies are not charities, they need a return on their investment (as do their shareholders / investors - if you don't think Simon Cowell is leveraged you're having a giraffe). Whilst it appears the artists "may" get a bad deal, a lot of people take a dick in the ass for a lot less; that's for sure. Fiscal prudence dictates they do not overpay artists and lest we forget the X Factor allows for the fast tracking of an artist to chart success. How many bands / artists spend years earning a pittance before even mild success (and boy don't they whine about it). At the end of the day a lot of these cashcow artists allow the music companies to still continue to support more niche / less popular music. OK, so the thought of putting money first might be distasteful, but in the words of Nino Brown: "Money talks, bullsh*t runs the marathon".

Anyway, as far as the collies green linguini's go this campaign did FA to damage the commercial success of the X Factor single; just removed the kudos of the Xmas number 1. If anything the thought of a genuine race, might of prompted more wall sitters to buy the X factor single (hence inadvertently you made Simon more rips)....
Glenn, I realise you are a devout capitalist but don't you think the recent debacle with those bankers [convenient rhyming slang for their true nature] has highlighted a fatal flaw in that system?