Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Kiwi looking to move to London

MikeE

Kiwi in Bangkok
Hi Guys,

Been lurking here on and off (more off) since 2002... when one of your crew was out here for a while...

Was over in London last sept for a holiday/djing a few gigs and a guest set on Rinse FM, took up a 6 month contract back home in NZ working for a startup that is now the fastest growing field out here. Contract is ending so likely going to travel to Europe, most likely london.

Can someone give me an idea what the scene is like over there, when I was over last year all I could find was tower paintball, which I understand is now no longer - and that was more rec foucsed. I currently run the club over here in AKL with about 200 members, mixture of sup air and rec (we just got ourselves a nice shiny new 2012 PSP field sponsored by Mother Energy drink - which is a coca cola brand, I think this was this first sup air field in the world to have coke sponsorship).

Our last social 5 man (all levels of experience, from noob upwards):

What is the club scene like in the UK, especially around london? Are there regular 5 a side club events at a local level that are within public transport distance?

Are there many jobs going at fields (especially larger ones) for those with experience in running fields, marketing, running club side of things etc..

What is the average price for a case of training paint? Am used to playing every week, so hoping this is possible over in the UK at a reasonable price?

What are the laws surrounding importation of markers? Are there restrictions on firing modes? I'm assuming its probably easiest to just bring marker/rotor etc and purchase an air system over there..

If anyone wants to give me the lowdown they can find me on facecrack.. https://www.facebook.com/MikeEnz

Last edited:
Reactions: rand0m!

SAMUEL.D.RYAN

one.man.band
Mar 17, 2007
Cambridge/Huntingdon
pretty easy, but it takes a while. You can get a train from Euston (North London) to Watford Junction and then another to Bricketwood village. Then the site is about 15 mins walk along some pretty dodgy roads (get someone to come pick you up or something)

Jan 28, 2010
marker should be fine mate!
just give the airline a heads up! ive taken a marker to the states before, (and brought shed loads back after seeing Curtis at leftcoast)
so it no issue!
just get the air when you get over here!

when you heading over??

MikeE

Kiwi in Bangkok
Not 100% sure of the timing yet, got a month left at my job currently and gotta sell my house first and get all my affairs in order over here + book flights and stuff, want to do some travel in SE Asia first (go see the PALS crew again for a bit, generally be a tourist).. I know I want to be in Europe for outlook festival in September..

rand0m!

Jan 28, 2009
East London
Yo Mike!

Yeah your marker will be no problems bro.

But be careful if your heading over via SE Asia.
I came over via the Thailand route, but at the time couldn't get a solid answer if there might be any issues.
So ended up having a mutual friend of ours (Wanye) post it over!
Absolutely no problems getting it through.

I play/train with London Samurai out at Bricket Wood aswell, which is pretty much the standard venue for most London area teams.

Be good to see another Kiwi baller over here! ;)

Give me a holler if you ever need a lift out there.

JP

Last edited: