The Home Of European Paintball

Kneeling

Jon S

London Faction
Sep 22, 2003
London
www.jaysto.com
Quick one:

When you kneel, which leg is best to have "up" (as in perpendicular to the ground), the one on the side you'll be coming out from or the further side? Or is it better to have both legs down flat on the ground?

Ms Bossy

wotever :o)
Aug 26, 2002
It does matter, if you get a run down on your right and you are on your right knee then you will have a smoother spin and a wider arc of fire.

Try turning on your left knee then your right (for a right arc of fire) and you will feel less strain on your torso and will be more stable during the spin.

Jon S

London Faction
Sep 22, 2003
London
www.jaysto.com
Been trying it out, Bud, and you're right. But I've also been miming snapshooting, and LJ's right, too!

I guess it's a choice between being able to pop back into cover quickly, or being able to swing round wider and faster. It really helps to push on your leg to move back in. I guess it's something else to be aware of: near side down when playing tight, up when snap shooting.

Keep the thoughts coming :)

DarWood

Dagenham Swarm
Nov 30, 2002
Originally posted by L J
whatever is comfortable
although if you come out your right side, with your right leg up, then technically you could use the strength in your leg to push yourself into your bunker faster if your snap shooting:)
Technically but wrong! :p
When snap shooting you shouldnt be using your feet or legs for that matter to move in and out of the barricade, when snap shooting. It should be closest leg to the barricade up and the other kneeling. The kneeled leg should be adjacent to the person your shooting, but still under cover. This will create sturdyness to stop you tipping off balance. Then everything should be tight and gun locked into your arm and shoulder, whilst your back is straight. A simple roll of the hip to move the end of the barrel at an arc off 2 inches. That will supply quickness and sturdyness to a 1/5th of a second snap shot. (the quicker you are, the more accurate you are ;) )
If you dont believe me ask Jamie :D

Peace :)
Darren

Joao Duro

Jul 11, 2001
Portugal
Visit site
Inside leg up, outside leg with the knee down (coming out left: right leg up, left knee down)
OR
both knees down

Your lower body (legs, knees) should be wide enough apart to provide your upper body with a stable base, or you'll be tilting over everytime you try to snapshoot.

Only your upper body moves so that your barrel pops away from your bunker.

Hope I got it right
:D