Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

la soya at toulouse

smelly pete

May 30, 2002
belfast
Visit site
your behaviour at toulouse was unprofessional, childish and as usual disruptive.
game after game after game you complained and bickered to the refs..................... usually without foundation............ grabbing your privates and shaking them at the crowd does nothing for our sport.

and lighting a russian player up, at least 7 times on the head, at close range after you were shot was both dangerous and disgraceful.

you may be a great player but you need to take a long hard look at yourself, as you normally do, but do analyse your behaviour both on and off the field,

definitley less is more...................

Parksy

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2002
Newcastle, UK
Think the point trying to be made is.... If you want paintball to get recognised as a sport then people who are 'stars' in the sport have to behave accordingly. Actions such as this are going to do none of us favours if it is people like Mr Lasoya who are going to be representing the paintball community. At least I think that was the point trying to be made. :)

Irrelevant of if he reads these boards or not, is this what we are going to see from people in this position? Is it alright to say does he care? Or should examples be made of situations like this in order to put other people off behaving similar to this? :)

Every sport has its bad boys... football being people like Keane... but even they are punished irrelevant of there status/skill.

Dave

Bird

MaidenheadTrauma
Feb 19, 2003
Visit site
Does he care? Doubt it.
I saw that game as well. He does it, because he can get away with it. Behaviour like that by a football player would result in a big fine and a public apology....

Tom Tom

Damn you ALL
Jul 27, 2001
Waterlooville
www.thinkingfortuesday.com
I agree something should be done as lots of new kids coming into paintball look up to him and others when they first watch and learn players names.

People should be punished for their actions but my comment before did not sound right.

Does he care? Will he change even if he is fined or banned or whatever, Prob not. which is wrong however you look at it

rancid

Mother, is that you?
You know summat, all my favourite players from the very beginning are those that come with a huge dollop of attitude and arrogance and showboating.

I think sometimes, you'd have us look and behave like boy scouts.

yatesy

kiss my face
i watched legion versus effect from the opposite end to the stand
the second game of the 3/4th place playoff legion had won
i was stood right next to where the players were coming off the field
lasoya was accusing the russians of wiping and the marshals of cheating
he started having a go at one of the russians being quite threatining 'someone told me' he heard him saying he was going to bonus ball
in that game the back centre guy from legion thought he'd been hit on the head and he was screaming to marshal for about 10 secs (so quite a while) to a marshal to check him during which he didnt fire or move from his barricade until a marshall called him clean i was very impressed with his fair play and thats not the first time ive witnessed their good sportmanship and proffessionalism
i doubt (and obsereved in toulouse) many pros would do what the back centre did.
another point however is last year at campaign i had my hands full struggling to carry various things like pots and papers and i dropped them on the floor lasoya happened to be walking by and he helped me pick them up i obviously recognised him and asked him how he was doing he spoke very openly and politly
some people would be suprised as they imagine him to be an 'obnoxious pro player' whos to good for anyone else
i havent met many pros but from the ones i have (be it briefly):- whilst palying they want to win which can make them do crazy stuff (you could put it down to passion) but away from important games and pressures they are pleasent and open people which is nothing more then what they should be
these are just my experiances im not trying to say thats the way the guy is i dont really know him i sincerley doubt hed remember me im just trying to show two sides of the coin :)

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
Originally posted by smelly pete
your behaviour at toulouse was unprofessional, childish and as usual disruptive.
game after game after game you complained and bickered to the refs..................... usually without foundation............ grabbing your privates and shaking them at the crowd does nothing for our sport.

and lighting a russian player up, at least 7 times on the head, at close range after you were shot was both dangerous and disgraceful.

you may be a great player but you need to take a long hard look at yourself, as you normally do, but do analyse your behaviour both on and off the field,

definitley less is more...................
wasnt it him who got banned from somewhere after he shot someone that many times in the head he knocked them out?