The Home Of European Paintball

Lack of Tourney Players!!!!

Lucky

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2004
rochester, UK
abersoch41 said:
I agree to some extent,
i really want ot start playing tournaments and have been searching for teams in my area, and i am sure that there are lots of other people who want to play tourney ball but just have not found a team and if one wast ocome along they would jump at the oppotunity.

There is a soultion however= get people out of punter ball and into tournaments!!

ohh and 'new blood' MOI!!
I look foreward to helping along new and young players but there are some simple problems, "the young usually can't afford it" and "the older generation don't want to waste their money on a silly expensive sport", so no people don't tend to be "jumping at the oppertunity" these days.

Ps, we train at Hawkhurst if you can get there. PM me:cool:

Tom37

Better Than Tom36
hold on, im coming;)

but seriously though, its because no-one outside of paintball actually knows that theres a tourney scene.... you go up to a random person in the street and ask them, "ever heard of tournament paintball? XBall?" etc,etc, odds are they'll think your mad.

in the east midlands area theres a serious lack of places to play tournaments or sup'air. which is a problem for me (though im going to play my first tourney in lincoln next weekend:) )

i think people would love paintball..... if only they knew it was there...

Angus41

LORDS
Apr 23, 2006
D7s
www.myspace.com
Tom37 said:
hold on, im coming;)

but seriously though, its because no-one outside of paintball actually knows that theres a tourney scene.... you go up to a random person in the street and ask them, "ever heard of tournament paintball? XBall?" etc,etc, odds are they'll think your mad.

i think people would love paintball..... if only they knew it was there...
Totally agree, at school, when i talk about paintball to friends they say, ' what are you talking about?' they think that paintball is just running around like the SAS on a hot summers day with steamy googles! i reply, ' no, theres so much more to it!!!'.

figment

AKA Sinbad
Jan 22, 2002
Grantham
Ok my turn as it's been said paintball costs are high to play and many of you comments a spot on . one thing to look at is how many teams/players go out on a sunday play ball, pack there bag and go home .doing nothing for the sport at all .
more than half i would say .

why ? because it's not there problem as long as they can play .

it's the likes of people like elsham eagles having fun day and Dark warrior putting on training days for beginners

then you have Twiz and Robbo who want the UK teams/players to move forward by doing these Training weekends/days but still lack of support.

even the PA are trying to promote the sport

and what do us brits do bit*h and backstab each other rather than support the sport.

may be some of these training sites do charity days to show what the sports about .

TOM37 there are sites to train at just not many supported well.

and Ben you spot on too much Vanity the "having all the gear and no idea "

most of my players come from the site they play rec ball on as it was the site who pointed them my direction.

Skeet

Platinum Member
Thing is...each of us can and probably do, do our bit to promote Sup Air etc, but...it's teh people with businesses etc, who could...for example...put a billboard poster up somewhere for a bit...or similar, with a general tourny look to it (can you imagine a massive billboard, with a team like Nexus on it and a slogan, then a contact number?)...with say Planet Eclipse written on it...could be circulated in Manchester....DYE could do one in Croydon...or something similar...you know...a bit of exposure...I know such things cost money and large piles of it, but it's cheaper than telly....what about Radio adverts?
What about teh big annual shows that are on all around teh country (we have Kent County Show, Whitbread Hop Farm Events) and what about the Extream Sports show, that is on...I dont hear about any Ball related events at that?

Walkon sites are a problem...because they cost money to run, but...teh pnters wont want to pay teh prices that are expected at recball sites..we wnat to pay £30 a box for paint and a reasonable green fee...so they wont be lucrative..which is why there arent many..sad but true.

cookie_834

P8ntball killed me....
Oct 28, 2004
in a house with a window
Visit site
NQ sees alot of new people come in from the newbie day. ive only been there about 6/7 months and i have seen a quite a few players come to our newbie day and go on to make a team with others or just generally come down and ball every week. i think it depends on where u are on players to be honest

most of all though its gotta be the cost. the older players are all leaving now and teams are folding. the most enthusiastic (sp) are the young 'uns like moi, but we cant afford it.. its a bitch really

cookie_834

P8ntball killed me....
Oct 28, 2004
in a house with a window
Visit site
Skeet said:
Walkon sites are a problem...because they cost money to run, but...teh pnters wont want to pay teh prices that are expected at recball sites..we wnat to pay £30 a box for paint and a reasonable green fee...so they wont be lucrative..which is why there arent many..sad but true.
I dont know about D7s and the other bigger sites but the NQ is decent with pricing

markfenton

Platinum Member
Nov 4, 2005
East Sussex
cookie_834 said:
I dont know about D7s and the other bigger sites but the NQ is decent with pricing
D7's pricing I think is very reasonable I think..

£15 Green fee till you become a regular.
£25 per 2000 paint (Draxxus Rec Sport or equal from another company)

I heard another walk on site in are area is charging £40 for blaze, if this is the case give me a PM and I'll hook you up!!

REC SPORT = £25
BLAZE = £30
INFERNO = £35
HELLFIRE = £40

ALL PER BOX OF 2000

BUT GETTING BACK TO THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD:

I think there are decent players out on the walk on site that just eed the chance to show what they got or if they havent got it, train them till they have...
Look at Nortorious Kids....Thats the way to go get them young and mould them, give these 2/3 years and watch out DIV1 Millennium or maybe CPL, well you might be seeing one of these kids playng cpl next season.