Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Lack of Tourney Players!!!!

Cetanu

Apr 25, 2006
The most local site i go to (for a member) is £40 for rps rampage paint or similar, and thats only 1000 balls, not even a case! So i think it would actually be cheaper for tournaments to be played here thnan recball if the prices are like that.

If your a random punter its £60 for 1000 balls and a bbq. It really is a rip off over here.

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
You're missing the point Mike. It's the crap that is stopping people from playing ball in the first place.

It's just a shame that this thread has been regurgitated yet again (in a lsightly different form).

We all know about lack of site, funding, interest, advertising etc. - so why keep repeating the same old sh1te?

The reason a lot of us 'oldies' are hanging up our cleats is due to all the politics and back stabbing going on everywhere - and we've simply had enough - there's more to life - and I'm married - I can get bull**** at home!

I know places like the NQ are doing their best - but until paper rounds start paying £200 a week - then I'm araid only the most eager of parents are going to help out (most don't like the idea of little jonnie playing with a gun - especially around the bigger boys).

The only way to get new young blood is to make it cost them nothing more than a fiver or a tenner a week (including all rentals, paint etc) - then they will start to turn up - and brign their mates.

While it costs at least £35 (fees and crap paint - and not including any kit) then it just isn't going to happen.

I've always said that the 'big' teams should run young guns teams (like Tigers) - and not just sponsor them - but actually pay for them to play!

I just wish I was in a position where I could make it free for all under 18's - or at lesat VERY cheap - but I am not.

Maybe we should have that 'youth' tourney I tried to start 3 years or so ago! But, guess what, politics got in the way of that one as well!

cookie_834

P8ntball killed me....
Oct 28, 2004
in a house with a window
Visit site
im with raffles. ive been in the game about 18/19 months now and i have seen some sh!t go on. the ending of bullys series for a start. the mess up with the pa prize money and stuff. i know there are valid reasons to all of this but theres stuff that goes on behind it all aswell.

as for young guns teams. i feel sorry for the under 16's. i only jst get paid enough to play every week and save a few bob away for tournys as what not. i feel sorry for others

Raffles

Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
you are one of the very lucky ones cookster :).

Like you say - it's a damn shame that there is a lot of young talent out there going to waste...

mikey601

F orum Battle Organiser
Nov 23, 2005
South Wales/Cali
www.myspace.com
politics are only a problem if a) you let them get in the way and b) you pay attention to them.

Back stabbing and such like you said happens everywhere, has happened in every job ive been in including the raf but, those people doing the back stabbing will soon get the point as lets face it you know the type of people and there only after attention, you take the attention away...look what happens.

I dont know in depth the political side of paintball nor do i care to know. I can appriciate the higher up in tournament organisation you go you come across more problems, but i was still surprised the pm's i reicieved about the forum battle, telling me this and that, took me al of 3 seconds to delete them.

Raffles my friend, your young uns tournament sounds a awesome idea and if you wish to persue it futher i'd be happy to help in anyway...even if its deleting the politics :p

cookie_834

P8ntball killed me....
Oct 28, 2004
in a house with a window
Visit site
the young guns tourny wood be hard tho. trying to get under 18'z into one place, who a) cant afford it really b) have no transport

transport is the main reason young 'uns dont play. im lucky, my dad likes to watch me get shot and join in with the team so he drives me an hour every sunday frm uttox to manc. i know lots of other young 'unz who aint so lucky. a hell of alot

Raffles

Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
Thanks Mike

I did actually get a few under-18's teams ready for this - but I was told that I couldn't do it - and got accused of being a paedophile!

Yes - I was trying to arrange a free (or near as damn it) tourney for young guns - and all I got was threats (verbal and physical).

So - rather than start 'politics' I just declined it - hoping someone else would take the reigns - guess what - no-one did!

Maybe it's time to try again - and ignore the idiots who try to sabotage it? I really don't know if it is worth all the hassle.

Let me sleep on it - unless anyone else cares to arrange something...

BTW - did the PA's Youth Programme ever get off the ground (besides a few outings of the PBUK kids?) - just curious.