Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Lack of Tourney Players!!!!

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
Cookie - you'd be suprised. If it is made in to a 'family day out' then more will turn up. Don't just have kids playing paintball - but have a BBQ - bar - trade stands - exhibition matches from some pros etc. etc.

The list is endless - actually this goes back to my UK paintball expo thing - so it can be done :).

mikey601

F orum Battle Organiser
Nov 23, 2005
South Wales/Cali
www.myspace.com
Raffles said:
Thanks Mike

I did actually get a few under-18's teams ready for this - but I was told that I couldn't do it - and got accused of being a paedophile!

Yes - I was trying to arrange a free (or near as damn it) tourney for young guns - and all I got was threats (verbal and physical).

So - rather than start 'politics' I just declined it - hoping someone else would take the reigns - guess what - no-one did!

Maybe it's time to try again - and ignore the idiots who try to sabotage it? I really don't know if it is worth all the hassle.

Let me sleep on it - unless anyone else cares to arrange something...

BTW - did the PA's Youth Programme ever get off the ground (besides a few outings of the PBUK kids?) - just curious.

Well for whoever called you a paedophile for arranging a young gunz tourney....NO actually forget that to the organisation who said that it really shows peoples immaturity and im sure it wasnt a case of this is awful more of a case of 'why didnt we think of that, well since we didnt lets **** it up''

bollocks to that raffles, as you know i have this forum battle after its over we'll sit down over a nice cup of vodka with chocolate bourbons and start to plan it.

I'd quite happily take on any organisation trying to stop it...if im not asking you to help, **** off basically.

C'mon across some really good pepps doing my event and hopefully made some good friends....

So to whom concerned i hereby give you the royal finger....and can proudly say look out for a young gunz tournament soon...

Raffles

Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
Lol

I think I'll have a word or two with some site owners after the UKM. I will have more time to sort something then.

I do want to make it free for all under 18's to play - but that is going to need some really heavy sponsorship (are you listening Dye, SP, WDP etc. etc. :p?).

If it can't be free - then make it no more than a tenner all in (paint included - but probably use SPC's brilliant idea of limited paint).

So, it's nearly time to get the party started - and no false starts this time around.

Oh - and Mike - stop trying to get me in to trouble - it tends to find me all by itself ;)

mikey601

F orum Battle Organiser
Nov 23, 2005
South Wales/Cali
www.myspace.com
Raffles said:
Lol

I think I'll have a word or two with some site owners after the UKM. I will have more time to sort something then.

I do want to make it free for all under 18's to play - but that is going to need some really heavy sponsorship (are you listening Dye, SP, WDP etc. etc. :p?).

If it can't be free - then make it no more than a tenner all in (paint included - but probably use SPC's brilliant idea of limited paint).

So, it's nearly time to get the party started - and no false starts this time around.

Oh - and Mike - stop trying to get me in to trouble - it tends to find me all by itself ;)

bit of backup can never be a bad thing

ChiZZerS

Tom37 said:
hold on, im coming;)

but seriously though, its because no-one outside of paintball actually knows that theres a tourney scene.... you go up to a random person in the street and ask them, "ever heard of tournament paintball? XBall?" etc,etc, odds are they'll think your mad.

in the east midlands area theres a serious lack of places to play tournaments or sup'air. which is a problem for me (though im going to play my first tourney in lincoln next weekend:) )

i think people would love paintball..... if only they knew it was there...
its soo redicoulus when your tryign to pull and your telling a bird how you play tornument paintball.....

its not fun being laughed at by everyone in the pub :rolleyes:

ChiZZerS

cookie_834 said:
if u need any help count me in. i thought about doing this ages ago but didnt really know where to start, trying to get people to make it cheaper and what not
paint, thats it, who cares what gun you use

i started the 'series' tornuments with a mechanical spider.;)

and did anyone see that team at KOTH in april?

none of them had proper gear on, there guns went top of the range (mech cockers ans stuff) but they fukin owned! :D (well done guys whoever you are)

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
Raffles said:
Thanks Mike

I did actually get a few under-18's teams ready for this - but I was told that I couldn't do it - and got accused of being a paedophile!

Yes - I was trying to arrange a free (or near as damn it) tourney for young guns - and all I got was threats (verbal and physical).

So - rather than start 'politics' I just declined it - hoping someone else would take the reigns - guess what - no-one did!

Maybe it's time to try again - and ignore the idiots who try to sabotage it? I really don't know if it is worth all the hassle.

Let me sleep on it - unless anyone else cares to arrange something...

BTW - did the PA's Youth Programme ever get off the ground (besides a few outings of the PBUK kids?) - just curious.
No way :eek:
small minded gits!!!

If I see you at the masters with that koth team I'll help you out, anything you want; lend them stuff walk the fields with them whatever. I've got a spare marker if you bring someone without one.

Raffles is a top bloke, as is anyone who genuinely thinks of ways to help get new people into the sport

It makes me sooo mad :(
This politics bullcrap; it's rubbish

I was thinking about how to get more players into the sport the other day

you aren't going to get a massive number of people moving up from the woods into the KOTH tourneys; merely because there aren't enough spots, and it's very niche -hard to hear about it.

The supair at NPF is probably the nearest thing I've experienced to a go-between. Or maybe quad-ball, stuff like that. We need more of these.

just thinking- don't shoot me down
we need more walk-on supair sites. But you'd have to make the money back from paint. How to make it cheap....dunno

2 10-man X-ball fields and you'd take in 40 punters; but it's whether they'd find it repetetive.
& supair needs more maintenance & blowing up & stuff like that....:confused:. It's hard, I certainly couldn't start something like this off right now but I'd be right behind the person that did.

Raffles

Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
Thanks Rosie (I'm starting to blush).

Seriously though - back then I wasn't in a position to really do anything except try and motivate people. I did manage to do that - but somehow managed to upset some of the paintball hierarchy (I never could spell that).

That's all history now - and now I am free from all restraints that stood in my way - so it's all systems go (well - after koth - so not exactly free of all restraints - but you know what I mean).