Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Launch of Paintball Players League

Mar 14, 2012
South East / London
Just seems like someone trying to fill the gap of NSPL/KoTH. And the reason that's taken a break is due to team numbers. Dont think another tournie is what is needed. Consolidation would be the way forward. Teams, will always take new players under their wings.
I booked in 5 teams into the NSPL before it folded. That is why i started this League and pleased to say i have already got a new team formed.

Mar 14, 2012
South East / London
So long as our Tournament scene is entirely unregulated, run by (mostly) part-time people, and has virtually no bars to entry other than finding somewhere reasonably safe to setup bunkers, tournament series can (and DO!) start and end with alarming frequency! Every year or two we have a new series and usually lose one.

IMHO they usually start up saying they are in it for the right reasons then fail to tell us really what those reasons are, and the usual way to build a team base is to be cheaper than the other guys ! - They then spend the next couple of years trying to tweak the series to try and find a sustainable business model - then invariably grind to a halt as they are not making enough money to sustain it ! Some do this for many years because they have a deep love for the sport - but are ultimately forced to face the financial realities of staging under-attended events.

This is definately not a pop at any of the past, existing, or indeed new, tourny series - without their hard work there would be NO tourny scene in the UK - however I cant help hoping that one day we will be able to step off this perpetual hamster wheel and find a stable, regulated, structure which gives a platform for sustainable growth.

Good Luck to The Paintball Players League guys you have every right to start your new series if you think you can do a good/better job than whats curently on offer, and I hope the players love your events. Is the market currently big enough for another series? Only time will tell.
Thank You
Some great comments, Much appreciated.

Last edited:

Kevin

MK Storm
Apr 12, 2002
Leeds
www.stormpaintballteam.co.uk
If all people want to do is play why not go to training sites and scrimmage against other teams?
Then they wouldnt have to pay a tourny entry fee and could use what ever paint they like.

I find other teams/people quite willing to give advice if asked, (and sometimes if not!), so wouldnt need your kind offer of tuition.

Saying that I do think your heart is in the right place and wish you luck.

L.i.P.S

LiPS would like to wish the PPL all the very best. We are very sad that the NSPL has taken a break and the PPL has gone a little way to filling the gap.

It is absolutely true that the calendar is full to the brim but it may interest you all to know that an entire team was formed last week made up of brand new players. They all wanted to get into the sport and liked the concept of training for the morning and then competing in the afternoon. A little acorn it's true but it was a gentle structured introduction and it worked really well. The PPL has already had inquiries from other new players who want to do the same next time. This is exactly the formula that Jim Frensham and others use up north and the south is crying out for someone like the PPL to do the same. The formation of teams by the event organiser introducing complete strangers to each other is a terrific bonus for all of us especially when they are brand new, first timers.

From what we understand, the PPL is very much about bringing new players in and that can only be good.

There are more established alternatives available in the south and I won't mention competitors in a thread about the PPL but everyone is entirely able to make their own choice about where to play.

Good luck to the the PPL and as Frenshy says, we'll see.......

no-infernomark

I think therefore I am.
Sep 19, 2005
Kettering
i think this sounds like a good idea, a lot of newer people cannot afford to enter tournaments not with out many begging letters and sponsors etc etc. so plus side is what £150 divided by a team of 5 ooo £30 each entry. then paint at £25 so basically a sup air walkon with a competitive edge. if its a koth style event not much paint will be slung so a box each is more than enough between the team if my figures are roughly correct, if not a fiver each on top and ya sorted.
yes the turn over of tournaments is mental but then maybe we need to look at why, i can pretty much assure its based on price to enter and the cost of this when people have lives to live and spend money on nessecaties. it may well clog up the calendar but no one is forcing anyone to play and "newer" players are probably not in with the likes of tigers and samurai etc so what does it matter. if this is aimed at the newer people then it can be a stepping stone for them to find a good team and then the sponsorships and crap that comes with it.

PPL i think its a good idea and keep at it. but who am i to say anything.

p.s actually tempted to come and play a tournie now since its been 4 years since my last.

Mar 14, 2012
South East / London
PPL would like to thank everyone who gave their support for us to start up our first event. Lips was awesome, Supplying tip top GI Sportz paint. And some superb trophies.
Also Mr Yorkie for allowing us to invade his site, for the day. Thank you, to him and his staff for looking after us. Much appreciated!
Cant forget Ben, Bona, Super Ted, Wade, Mark And James. Our Marshall's, They were great keeping the day moving smoothly. For some of them, it was their first time marshaling. But you wouldn't of thought it. BIG BIG Thank You to Wingnut and Suzie, For uploading some of the games on "u tube". And also Kev for his Marker teching, filming.

The Sun came out phew. In the end we had five teams entering PPL Round 1.
The teams played 10 games and the final scores were;

Mad Dogs 1st ( 10 points )
Samurai Rage 2nd ( 9 points )
Samurai Warriors 3rd ( 8 points )
Samurai Reloaded 4th ( 7 points )
The Acquaintances (AKA Trinity) 5th ( 6 points )

Mad Dogs had a great day dominating for most of it. Well done to Steve and his crew. A well deserved win.
Samurai Rage had a slow start but finally getting it together at the end of the day, to take second place.
Samurai warriors lost ground in the final stages. Overall putting in a more than fair performance, Which earned them the final spot on the podium.

Reloaded just missed out in getting a chance, in playing in the final play offs. On another day I'm sure they would of been up there. With the winners.
Well done to the Acquaintances. This was their first ever tourney. Their scores getting bigger and bigger as the day went on. Then they won their first game at the end of the day.
Lips paintball and the Paintball Players League. Donated two boxes of paint. To the team that finished last. Hoping to give them a helping hand. So they can get some extra training in for round 2.

For me i came away having a smile on my face. Thinking that each team was a winner. Looking forward to the next one.

Last edited: