Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

LCD + HALO B? Detent problem?

Originally posted by Matt "Kenny" Pryce
i was talking to a guy at the big game with a std angel LCD with 1 standard detent running a halo on it,and he said he had no troubles with it all day - or infact ever
I would guess its a very old one.

We have several old standard detents, which are excellent with halos.

Unfortunately a few years ago everyone thought that weaker detents made your gun kinder on paint, so WDP started making their detents much weaker.

If you bought a brand new one, it would not work with a halo. That is why I advise people not to use the standard detents.

The great thing about rebuildable detents is that you can take out the spring and stretch it, to make it harder. Or compress it to make it weaker.

:)

Originally posted by Skullpop
Double WDP detents will hold it then? No questions asked?
Saweet.
This all should cost £50 or so, shouldn't it?

Tom Allen's work:
£20
Postage, both ways:
£12
Softnose bolt:
£18

£40, or £50 including a better third party detent..
Sounds right.
The WDP detents should hold it, and if they dont then you need the aftermarket ones...

Skullpop

Banned
Feb 25, 2005
Hertfordshire - South East
Originally posted by John C
I would guess its a very old one.

We have several old standard detents, which are excellent with halos.

Unfortunately a few years ago everyone thought that weaker detents made your gun kinder on paint, so WDP started making their detents much weaker.

If you bought a brand new one, it would not work with a halo. That is why I advise people not to use the standard detents.

The great thing about rebuildable detents is that you can take out the spring and stretch it, to make it harder. Or compress it to make it weaker.
I've got an Angel LCD 2001, which i'd say is pretty old.
It's got a white tip inside the gun, if that indicates if it's new or not..

Skullpop

Banned
Feb 25, 2005
Originally posted by John C
Good halo board (intelifeed is the best, normal halo with eyes second, reloader last cos it sucks)
Why do you say that reloader boards suck?

If I bought an actual reloader B instead of a Halo B, since it's only £10 extra or so, would it be any worse?
Thanks for the help guys!

Why do you say that reloader boards suck?
Because it pushes the paint at inappropriate times. And its annoying to calibrate.

If I bought an actual reloader B instead of a Halo B, since it's only £10 extra or so, would it be any worse?
Yes, the reloader will be worse.

Thanks for the help guys!
No probs...

Skullpop

Banned
Feb 25, 2005
John!
Yes, the reloader will be worse.
Ah. Worse in ball detent pushing? I'm getting my gun serviced by LPS at the moment, so calibration isn't a problem..
To be honest, I'm all for astetics (?), and the Reloader B's beautiful blue looks, and sounds good for only £10 more..

All teh new sound feeding gizmos when i'm already spending £90, just £10 more!!

Ah. Worse in ball detent pushing?
Yes, much worse.

I'm getting my gun serviced by LPS at the moment, so calibration isn't a problem..
It will be Im afraid. Every time you turn on your reloader it calibrates itself. So the ambient sound at the time you turn it on will affect how well it works.

To be honest, I'm all for astetics (?), and the Reloader B's beautiful blue looks, and sounds good for only £10 more..
The shells are compatible, you can swap them if you like. I know there are alot of people who dont like the 'festive glitter effect' and would happily swap them for a normally coloured shell.

All teh new sound feeding gizmos when i'm already spending £90, just £10 more!!
Just £10 more for something that isnt going to work very well at all!
Doesnt sound like such a good deal to me...

Skullpop

Banned
Feb 25, 2005
Originally posted by a slightly peeved Skullpop
Ah. Worse at detent pushing?
John teh bomb
Yes, much worse.
Right.
Why are my gun's detents insufficient? If we were to take, say a DM5 :)D), what happens to it's detents? Are they single or double?
Double? If so, then does that mean that every marker that has only got 1 detent needs to have another drilled? Every high tournament level gun I see has a Halo or Reloader B on it.. They can't all have double detents, can they?

Also, the Reloader B has different feed speed options. Surely this is better than the Halo's full whack all-the-freakin'-time, detent pushing wise?

I'm getting my gun serviced by LPS at the moment, so calibration isn't a problem..
Thanks for the help!
It will be Im afraid. Every time you turn on your reloader it calibrates itself. So the ambient sound at the time you turn it on will affect how well it works.
Ok. This, is what really gets me. affect how well it works.. Does this seem weird to anyone else?
Surely the system was made so that it 'tears', if you will, the ambient noise level at '0' when it is turned on.

This then means, that if you turn it on at a quiet area, wherever you go that's notably louder than that, say a game, it will then feed balls, because it thinks that that loud noise is your gun firing..

Why would you want to turn it on elsewhere that you're going to use it?

All teh new sound feeding gizmos when i'm already spending £90, just £10 more!
One more time, thanks.
Just £10 more for something that isnt going to work very well at all! Doesnt sound like such a good deal to me...
Why oh why would they develop a system that doesn't work as well? Why would they release it and people praise it?