Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Learn to shoot with your opposite hand.

For all of you wannabe Pro's, start learning to shoot well with both your left and your right hand. The Rushers watched All American player Chris Wright play at the Campaign Cup '98, and couldn't believe it when he shot out three players with three balls shooting with his left hand!

That summer we practised like bitches learning to shoot as well with our opposite hands, as well as we could with our natural hands. That one single aspect of our play boosted us from an also ran in the Amateur division of the Millennium series to winning Campaign 2000, 2nd Joy Masters 2000 and second in Toulouse 2000.

Whenever you next practise, don't bother spending all day snapshooting with your natural hand, USE your time to improver your weaker hand.

Several teams in the UK have been working on this for some time and the results are beginning to show - Backlash (1st place after day 1 in Toulouse), Mayhem Tigers 5th place PRO Toulouse 2001.

It's not a guaranteed formula for success, but it sure ain't gonna hurt your game.

Tune in next week for Truters guide to paintball domination ;)

MadTommy

GEEZER
Jul 10, 2001
London
What nick is saying is true, it might sound a bit sad but I started learning to shoot left handed by sitting at home watching TV and every time a certain person can on screen I would pull the marker up into the aim, the thing is what you have got to do is try and get your brain to think it is just as natural to do thing with your left hand as it is to do with your right, same as when I use to box in the Army to learn to punch the wright way with the left hand we used to tie our right arm round our waste and spar only with the left what ever way you learn to do thing with your opposite arm you keep doing it untill you never get it wrong (u hear people say do it till u get it right) that is the wrong way to look at things if you have the right mind of thinking like keep doing it you never get it wrong, you will sucseed, I have also be teaching myself to wright with my left hand like I said before try and get your mind think it is just as natrual to work with your wrong hand as your normal one.
This is what I have been doing and it is working but still have a long way to go but then again we are wallways learning aint we.
----------------------------------------------
MadTommy - BadCompany UK

Tyger

Old School, New Tricks
There's another advantage too.

If you're flanking left, and your gun is in your left hand, paint may not hit it.

sounds dumb, but if paint hits your BODY on the run, it might not break. If paint hits a NICE HARD PAINTGUN odds are it WILL break.

So, if you're shooting lefty, on the left tape, and you run forward to another bunker, a center or cross-court shooter has a harder target to break a ball on.

That and being able to switch hands and lean out left ROCKS. :cool:

-Tyger

MadTommy

GEEZER
Jul 10, 2001
London
Yeah It's wierd but when I fire with my left hand I get a much better ROF I think it is because I don't pull the trigger as hard with my left finger ( might try it out with the old lady LOL ) see if it works there. Oh by the way no funny comments about the old girl. :)
---------------------------------------
MadTommy - BadCompany UK

kartmann187

Kick your arse
Jul 9, 2001
Surrey
Visit site
Playing with both hands..... :p

This is bar far one of the best things you can learn in paintball... Once you have mastered this art you will be a better player....Mr T is talking sense for once... although he does use a Shocker...So he needs all the help he can get

kartmann187

Kick your arse
Jul 9, 2001
Surrey
Visit site
Me and playing...

I have left the playing side of paintball...... To become...

Super Judge..... I am going back to Judging to try and stop the cheating and all the **** that goes on....

You will see me a great deal more very soon in the future....

:D Hope to see you soon...

kartmann187

Kick your arse
Jul 9, 2001
Surrey
Visit site
I aim to get the **** out ... My may thing is getting more judges on the field... also training the young ones that want to judge but have no idea.....:mad: