Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Left hand shooting

shoaibaktar

Jun 14, 2011
I never switch hands. My left arm isn't strong enough to support the gun/tank for long periods. I still manage to make myself a small target, is this ok or should I really focus on trying to switch hands? I've just started going to training sessions and no-one has told me yet that I need to start switching.
Lol just posted on your other post.You need to switch ,so you can stay out of sight .Your body will be on show if you are right handed shooting left.Gun always on the outside,with outside elbow tucked right down .When playing Dorito or any angled obstacle tuck your hopper behind obstacle by tilting hopper. UTube video of Federov barrelcam shows him shooting at 5 players who are out of sight. With soft bunkers push barrel into edge of bunker show nothing but a barrel tip. If you are being kept tight in ,pros keep 1 balling the next bunker so although you can't see/shoot him you are set to shoot him as soon as he moves.Staying alive by not being shot as important as killing .Though not as much fun!! put your gun together at home practice changing hands and holding gun .Switch hands slow and fast ,in front of a mirror so you can see what you're doing .practice snapping in and out round a corner,again use mirror to check what's showing .All can be done without shooting a single ball but improve your game big time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Louise

Louise

May 31, 2016
Surrey, UK
Lol just posted on your other post.You need to switch ,so you can stay out of sight .Your body will be on show if you are right handed shooting left.Gun always on the outside,with outside elbow tucked right down .When playing Dorito or any angled obstacle tuck your hopper behind obstacle by tilting hopper. UTube video of Federov barrelcam shows him shooting at 5 players who are out of sight. With soft bunkers push barrel into edge of bunker show nothing but a barrel tip. If you are being kept tight in ,pros keep 1 balling the next bunker so although you can't see/shoot him you are set to shoot him as soon as he moves.Staying alive by not being shot as important as killing .Though not as much fun!! put your gun together at home practice changing hands and holding gun .Switch hands slow and fast ,in front of a mirror so you can see what you're doing .practice snapping in and out round a corner,again use mirror to check what's showing .All can be done without shooting a single ball but improve your game big time.
Thanks, really helpful :) I've been practicing just doing everything left handed. So making sure I go left off the start, go left if bunkers and keep the gun in my left hand whilst running etc. Its really helped!
I also managed to kill someone with my left hand so I can't be that bad! Haha!

shoaibaktar

Jun 14, 2011
Thanks, really helpful :) I've been practicing just doing everything left handed. So making sure I go left off the start, go left if bunkers and keep the gun in my left hand whilst running etc. Its really helped!
I also managed to kill someone with my left hand so I can't be that bad! Haha!
Glad it helps,but don't forget to switch hands ,so you can wheel n deal both sides and being able to shoot with both hands means you can choose where you play.

ckennedy

Feb 28, 2016
I have been practising left handed shooting lately. certainly comes in handy when leaning out of the wrong side of cover. Still need to get my fingers used to the trigger though as I only manage to shoot slowly left handed (granted i'm not quick right handed either)

shoaibaktar

Jun 14, 2011
I have been practising left handed shooting lately. certainly comes in handy when leaning out of the wrong side of cover. Still need to get my fingers used to the trigger though as I only manage to shoot slowly left handed (granted i'm not quick right handed either)
To all new players,rather than making which hand decides which way you break,think if I break left ,I shoot left handed ,means ,yes you can shoot down the outside(down the tapeside) .But the reason to be strong on both hands is ,what happens when you break left but want to shoot infield (right) .If you can shoot left,right and switch quickly you can wheel n deal against 2 players on either side of you. These skills enable you to have the necessary technique to be aggressive.Which in turn enables you to hold your position and put opponents in and change position on the field (bump )
..Hope this helps.

Reactions: Louise

Lloydie

Jun 12, 2016
Coventry
How is your profile on your right hand side? If your profile is good on the right, then practise changing sides in the mirror and try to get the same good profile on your left and your right. The more you do that the more comfortable and consistent you will be.
I've followed this advice and boy does it work ,tbough I'm fairly competent with my left as I always try using it more with day to day stuff ,even now I'm using my left to type this out (I'm right handed ) simple things like that will help a lot ,the more you use it the better it'll get .

Reactions: shoaibaktar

danlaws1895

Jul 19, 2016
Hi all.
I was at a day of paintball the other day on site guns and it dawned on me that i cant shoot left handed very well at all, it just doesnt comfortable, is that right or will it get more comfortable the more i do it?
and are there any tips from everybody?

Yours
Matt
Just sit in front of the tv switching hands and walking the trigger.