Planet Eclipse Warped Sports Manic Paintball Just Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball

Leg Pod Holders?

Discussion in 'Tactics and Technique' started by Dannysaysnoo, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Dannysaysnoo New Member

Dannysaysnoo
    Message Count:
    During my most recent walk-on, I saw next to no-one using leg mounted pod holders. I've found a few online. While I was playing, it was an utter, utter nightmare to look down past my mask at the pots that were on my torso. (I hired some from the site.)

What's the general opinion of leg mounted pod holders?

2. Hansel So Hot Right Now.

Hansel
    Message Count:
    Not good if you are diving.

Eclipse pants have pot loops on the back of each thigh, though.

3. shoaibaktar Well-Known Member

shoaibaktar
    Message Count:
    Since the average modern battlepack can be loaded up to about 9 or 10 pots and the average 1.1tank cant shoot more than that .Since most sites cant give you a genuine 4.5 fill as their compressors/main tanks wont .Or too many users.It begs the question unless you are set on deforestation with 5 star ,why on earth would you want to put any more paint on board ?? Sup air ,or woodsball ,if you cant kill your foe with 10 pots plus a high top hopper ,more paint is'nt your main problem!!(y) .Also you should,nt have to drop your marker ,or look down to reload ,since the critter that's soaking up 10 pots and loader might actually move .Taking them off your back enables you to do this without dropping your lane /aim.

4. Dannysaysnoo New Member

Dannysaysnoo
    Message Count:
    It's less about raw paint power, and more about dexterity. It took me half a minute to grab one pod off my back because I couldn't see the bugger. I can see my legs really easily, though.

5. Kevin Winter Well-Known Member

Kevin Winter
    Message Count:
    If the site provided pack released the pots upwards, that would explain it. Almost all packs sold elsewhere release downward, making it easy to grab the pots out (with a little practise). I'm sad enough to have practised at home pretending to fill a hopper with imaginary paint from empty pots!
    Only problem with these sorts of packs is when playing woods and needing to collect them after use. I usually end up with them stuffed down the front of the jersey!

6. Kevin Winter Well-Known Member

Kevin Winter
    Message Count:
    Leg holders, I've found, are hard to keep in place and get right in the way when crawling and diving. My playingtrousers have extra large swab pockets that will hold a pod nicely, which I use whenever playing back center to make that first fill quicker.

7. Tom Tom

Tom
    Message Count:
    Leg pod holders (and leg holsters) place weight on your thigh which feels unnatural and unless tight hey become flappy and make you waddle

The solution is practice and will become easy.
    Reach behind, feel the line of the pod,

8. QBaller Member

QBaller
    Message Count:
    Anything bulky on the legs hinders mobility so that's a definite no for speedball. For woodsball probably the same reason. That is unless you're acting as a mobile team ammo hub or intend to spend all day on the field.

9. shoaibaktar Well-Known Member

shoaibaktar
    Message Count:
    Not sad ,reloading while keeping a lane is one of the many small bricks that takes you from the bottom to the top of the playing skills pyramid.Practice it anywhere is good .Also putting the tabs pointing outwards to either side will put them under the thumb when you reach round to reload

Kevin Winter likes this.
  10. Dannysaysnoo New Member

Dannysaysnoo
    Message Count:
    Sounds good lads, looks like leg-podders are off my menu.