Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

legal fps / bps

Tartan Blaster

Dec 1, 2005
Stirling, Scotland
Visit site
and ramping's also in abit of a gray zone in england in Scotland it's illegal (don't tell anyone though) as I believe in England the law is something like "an airweapon is not allowed to fire 2 or more projectiles per single pull of a trigger" and you could say that with ramping your firing 1.7 balls a trigger pull (wouldn't like to explain that to a judge though) but in Scotland the law states that "an airweapon is not allowed to fire more than 1 ball per single of a trigger".
But yeah mazimum legal limit for fps is 330 (but never in tournaments as that can start to break bones at close range:eek: )

chrismrgn

Platinum Member
Oct 20, 2004
Over there ->
Visit site
Maximum in UK tourneys is 300fps.
Usual limit at many tourneys is 280fps.

Lets not get into the crap about full auto/ramping being legal or illegal its tedious, you use it at a tourney it aint gona be allowed, you use it in a field against ur mates, they are gona be pissed off but the coppers aint gona come down on ya.

BPS wise, most tourneys that dont use ramping will either have unlimited semi, or semi capped at 15.4bps.

Again if you are in your garden or playing with mates no one is going to stop you chucking unlimited ramping on an shooting 25bps at each other, but the fun wears off pretty soon, usually once you run out of paint!

Bob

www.inlinewalking.com
Oct 12, 2005
Aberdeen
www.fatbobspaintball.co.uk
chrismrgn said:
but the fun wears off pretty soon, usually once you run out of paint!
& look like a blackberry. Stuff like unlimited ramping coule be quite dangerous when fired at a person, in the manual for the spitfire mod for unlimited ramping QUOTE "do not fre at live targets" QUOTE. Beleae me its very coll but i wouldn't want to be shot with it.

Lovinit

Aug 25, 2006
UK
i really doubt that, as anything over 12 ft/lbs or 320fps becomes a class 1 firearm.
paintball in limited by the rules and regs to 300fps, although most tournys are at 280fps.
*edit* Please note the following comment relates to AIRSOFT weapons - not paintball:

It's true!! Full auto airsoft guns are usually limited to around 350fps on most sites but semi auto only guns can go to 425fps and single shot sniper guns can go to 500fps. I don't fully understand the physics but I don't think 500fps neccessarily means it is over 12 ft/lbs.