Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Legality of computer-controlled trigger?

Morrolan

Platinum Member
May 4, 2007
Lancashire
Hi guys, I'm currently building a remotely-fired paintball marker, i.e. the user presses a button on a PC, the signal is sent to the receiver, which then electronically fires the marker by replacing the mechanical trigger.

I know that this is not allowed in games, but I was just wondering if there was a legal requirement that a person has to physically depress the trigger to fire?

Could anyone please clear this up for me?

Many Thanks,
Morrolan

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
i would think as long as you are the only one in command of the firing mechanism, it wouldn't matter by which method.

surmising obviously but, effectively your remote device IS your trigger.......

Morrolan

Platinum Member
May 4, 2007
Lancashire
Well, the marker has a wireless camera attached with a 100m range, and the RF system I'm using to fire it has a 500ft range, so taking the camera range into account, with a good line of sight I have 300ft of range to play with.

It's such a shame we can't use this for base defence at the Big Game next year... :D

Also, I assume that full-auto is not a problem? As long as the timing on the marker is OK, I can fire as fast as the marker is capable.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Well, the marker has a wireless camera attached with a 100m range, and the RF system I'm using to fire it has a 500ft range, so taking the camera range into account, with a good line of sight I have 300ft of range to play with.

It's such a shame we can't use this for base defence at the Big Game next year... :D

Also, I assume that full-auto is not a problem? As long as the timing on the marker is OK, I can fire as fast as the marker is capable.

Why is the word 'nerd' surging forward into my consciousness and the phrases, 'far too much time on his hands' and 'needs to get out more' ?
Answers please on a postcard :)

Morrolan

Platinum Member
May 4, 2007
Lancashire
I'm an electronics engineer/software developer who recently got into paintball, so I'm just bringing together my two hobbies into one :D

If you saw it, you'd want a go! :D