Planet Eclipse Warped Sports Manic Paintball Just Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball

Let's ban camoflauge!

Discussion in 'Gold Board' started by Baca Loco, Oct 10, 2002.

1. TJ Lambini New Member

TJ Lambini
    Message Count:
    It's very relevant dude, cos Rancid was on Godhead and Fusion...so this means that, as we all suspected, Racid is a Nazi War Monger!

Ban Rancid.

(What d'ya mean he owns tha site?)

2. Buddha 3 Hamfist McPunchalot

Buddha 3
    Message Count:
    Well, given the fact that the Waffen SS were the only people to wear those sorts of cammies ever, it similar to wearing a uniform that has an SS logo on it.
    And yes, Wehrmacht is dodgy. Why do you think that the term does not get used any more? The German army is no longer called Wehrmacht.
    Anyway, like I said when I posetd it, there was no point to it, I was not trying to say it was good or bad (after all, they were very effective cammies, a lot better than the stuff used nowadays), I was merely stating facts. I left the judging up to you, and everybody else. I have no problem with people wearing those cammies, but I do have a problem with people playing on a team called Wehrmacht.

3. TJ Lambini New Member

TJ Lambini
    Message Count:
    so presumably you have a problem with a team being called Joy Division?

4. Buddha 3 Hamfist McPunchalot

Buddha 3
    Message Count:
    I'll just sit in the corner, and be quiet, shall I? :D

5. TJ Lambini New Member

TJ Lambini
    Message Count:
    My motto:

Always have an ace up your sleeve...and Joy Division is a doozey.:p

6. Tyger Old School, New Tricks

Tyger
    Message Count:
    Would oyu be talking about Renegade "Foxwood"? UUmm, hang on a sec, lemme get this out...

[​IMG]
    This is a reproduction of "Splinter Pattern", available at Western European Products, a US distributor of surplus goods.

[​IMG]
    And this is "Blurred Edge", also a reproduction.

[​IMG]
    And this is the "REnegade" collection, stolen from "Smart PArts Europe". Foxwood is #6.

Is this what you meant, Buddah? Or did you mean German Flectarn, as seen below?

[​IMG]

-Tyger

7. Little Jon Banned

Little Jon
    Message Count:
    man, i swear you really are one of those war loving guys, not that im not:D

8. Meyer New Member

Meyer
    Message Count:
    How exactly is team Wermacht offensive? It was the nazi party in germany during the war that committed the atrocities in question, the Wermacht was simply the standing german army that happened to be generaled by nazis. Its like holding the iraqi army responsible for the chemical weapons test on iraqi civilians, or better yet, the entirety of the US Army Air Corp for the Atomic bombs droped on Japan. The Wermacht has a pround history of excellent fighting, indeed during world war II, they were the most powerful fighting force in the world, they were simply beaten by superior allied numbers and materiels. As far as the camouflage, is anyone who wears the pattern of the serbian national army responsible for the slaughtering of albanians in the mid 90's? No, its simply an effective camouflage pattern.
    As for banning camo in paintball, its crazy. Banning camo is effectively condenming rec ball everywhere, and since most new paintballers start the game as a rec baller pretending to be in a war, seperating tourney ball and rec ball would be devastating.

9. Buddha 3 Hamfist McPunchalot

Buddha 3
    Message Count:
    Tyger,

Foxwood is indeed an SS based scheme. The splinter scheme was predominantly used by the Wehrmacht and Fallschirmjaeger divisions. I was not talking about the bottom, modern day, German one.

I am not condemning the use of these camo schemes, merely letting people know where they come from. Read my earlier posts, I am for allowing people to wear what they want.

Meyer,
    I'm not going to get into this discussion. I know what happened, I am from a country that was occupied for 5 years, I have family that fought on both sides of the lines, I have studied modern history. I have written essays about it, these have been published. They are open to everyone, if you know where to look. I know what I'm talking about. It is not as a lot of people seem to think, it was not just the nazis that were involved in the holocaust. As a matter of fact, the percentage of members of the NSDAP (the nazi party) was lower in the Police battalions (mostly responsible for the holocaust, not the SS as people seem to think), than in any other military or governmental organisation.
    That's all I have to say on that subject. It is better left alone on this forum.

10. Gadget Platinum Member

Gadget
    Message Count:
    I'm going to stay well clear of discussion of the SS/WW2 as it's not something I have any knowledge of/interest in, however one thing I can comment on is Renegade and I'm sorry but Foxwood is not an SS based pattern. It was an entirely new pattern created by Renegade in the early 90s.

I've just had a quick google for SS camo (some SCARY sites & people out there) and the 'oak leaf' bears some similarity in, but they're not the same.