Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Life span of Paintballs?

QBaller

Oct 31, 2013
Glasgow
Agree that they never really become unshootable. Best bet for me is to test fire a few rounds and see how they get on.

First rule for me is do they still break on contact? If they don't then they'd become over sized hard pellets I'd assume you won't want to be hit by them. In which case you would get ride of them.

Then it comes down to dimples which affects flight path etc which may or may not materialise. That then becomes a matter of tolerance

Adam_Marks

Jan 23, 2015
I had some paint at the weekend that had been sat unturned in my wardrobe for 5 years and that shot okay for the most part

James brock

Mar 16, 2015
Lower end paints will last longer with less noticeable difference. Higher grades will need better care like turning the boxes etc. But most paint will last a year without too much degradation if unopened and stored at the right temp. But if you haven't used it within a year you probably should get your ass back to a field.
I didn't know that about turning boxes upside down

mike b

Jan 18, 2015
Now I just found these and they are about 3and a half years old some have got dimples and misshaped but they feel sound enough to shoot but would only use for testing lol. These were in a cupboard and haven't been rotated. Just squeezed one took a bit of force but paint inside still thick. So it seem if looked after they could last years

Attachments