Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Little help need for a new team

Cal-tastrophy

Jul 28, 2015
Ipswich
Hey guys and girls, I'm new to the forums and I'm after some advice me and a few friends are looking in to starting a team.

I've been handed the task of sorting out markers for people. The team needs a marker for a sharp shooter/sniper, a couple of burst fire markers, a few automatic markers and pistols for sidearms.

Each person has around a budget of £200-£250.

What do you suggest I get for each player.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Big_jim

Team PUPS/PBM
Feb 10, 2010
I think you need to do some more research. Most sites only allow semi auto. Plus there is no such thing as a paintball sniper. All markers shoot the same distance with accuracy effected mostly by bore size and marker consistency. Sure there's first strike but it's ungodly expensive and again most sites won't let you shoot it.

ChairChimp

It's a chimp and a chair!
Nov 5, 2002
Sheffield
I'd get down to your local field and see if they can rent you guys some markers for playing with. Try them out and see what they feel like.

Markers tend to vary more between players based on what works for each person more than what they will do - almost all electro-pneumatic (not purely mechanical) markers will fire fast and with the correct setup most should be reliable and accurate.

Try before you buy is my advice - where are you based? It's possible the users on these boards can recommend a decent local site for you to drop in on. Most site owners and paintball shops are a friendly bunch and are glad to answer all questions - no such thing as a silly question!

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Forget the classifications, all markers will be equally accurate at the same FPS. There is no such thing as a paintball sniper rifle, a top end tournament marker will fire the same distance as a low end scenario marker at the same velocity.

Sidearms are fun but not practical, especially for beginners. Approach a shop and ask if they'll do you a deal on a team buy, any of our banner advertisers will be more than willing to help you out.

Joe Ellis Jr

Jun 22, 2015
Two basic types of marker, mechanical and electronic.

Mechanical markers are fine for the woods and scenario paintball, E.g Tippmann A5

Electronic markers can be used everywhere but are not as reliable but do have elctronic trigger systems e.g Eclpese Etha

both of these can be bought for around £250 or less

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
Two basic types of marker, mechanical and electronic.

Mechanical markers are fine for the woods and scenario paintball, E.g Tippmann A5

Electronic markers can be used everywhere but are not as reliable but do have elctronic trigger systems e.g Eclpese Etha

both of these can be bought for around £250 or less
Electronic markers are just as reliable as mechanical markers if they're looked after correctly, after all, do you think people would spend hundreds of pounds on markers that breakdown all the time, it's true you can't leave an electro in a muddy puddle for a week and expect it work straight away afterwards with just a quick clean, but other than that they're just as reliable.

Joe Ellis Jr

Jun 22, 2015
Depends on how you define 'reliable' a Tipmman A5 will work underwater/extream cold/left for months in the cuboard.

Electronic markers do not!

reaperuk91

Mar 11, 2012
durham
My defender works in a downpour no issue. Also in cold no problem. Left my axe in a cupboard for 6 months still works perfectly. If your shooting underwater your doig something wrong. Also you can just waterproof things lol. Dye rotor works under water btw

So I take your phone isn't reliable or your TV or car for instance since it won't work underwater?

Reactions: James ECI