Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Loads of newbie Q's

spagger

Sep 13, 2001
UK
Visit site
I played my first day of rec-ball here in the UK last weekend at NPF, Bassets Pole in B'ham , with a bunch of mates from work. What a rush !! Everyone had a top time and we're planning another visit soon.

We used the site-gun Tippman 98's which had obviously seen some action, but worked faultlessly pretty much.

What are considered to be the best markers on the market at the moment ? in category a: budget
b: middle of the road
c: top-of-the-line pro-guns

I have been shooting airguns (spring/pre-charged/c02) for around 17 years so I'm fairly familiar with different shooting systems, but the last paintball gun that I saw was called a splatmaster (I think)So the scene has changed dramatically since then.

What are the preferences for using air/co2 etc.
Are most markers compatible with either ?
Barrel choices, again, which brands ? barrell lengths ?
Calibre ? Paint balls ?
This may be a dumb question, but I take it that all barrels are smoothbore ?

I've ordered the 'What Paintball' guide, but I'd like some opinions
from people in the know !!

Sorry for the long post, your input is appreciated.

Thanks

Questions oh so many questions

Spagger,

I think you have asked nearly every gear related question ever!
I think that the answer to nearly every aquestion you have asked is debatable, so there may will be some total b*******s posted in reply, but here goes:

>I played my first day of rec-ball here in the UK last weekend at >NPF, Bassets Pole in B'ham , with a bunch of mates from work. >What a rush !! Everyone had a top time and we're planning >another visit soon.

Cool, glad you had fun, thought about tourney? (Much more fun, much better rush!)

>We used the site-gun Tippman 98's which had obviously seen >some action, but worked faultlessly pretty much.

Wow then your a lucky guy, usually you get all kindsa problems.

>What are considered to be the best markers on the market at >the moment ? in category a: budget
>b: middle of the road
>c: top-of-the-line pro-guns

Top of the range, there is a huge amount of debate, but the two front runners are the Angel (electro) and the Autockocker (low pressure pneumatic). There are always others about at tournaments: Shockers, Mags (RT), e-mags, Bushmasters etc.

Most people I have come across are using these, with the variation mostly being whether or not they were bought new, and how tricked out they are.

>I have been shooting airguns (spring/pre-charged/c02) for >around 17 years so I'm fairly familiar with different shooting >systems, but the last paintball gun that I saw was called a >splatmaster (I think)So the scene has changed dramatically >since then.
>
>What are the preferences for using air/co2 etc.

Combination of both, but Air is supposed to be more reliable, and consistent.

>Are most markers compatible with either ?

Not quite, but it varies a lot from marker to marker (the shocker is designed to use CO2, the Angel is designed for air).

>Barrel choices, again, which brands ? barrell lengths ?
>Calibre ?

Now this is quite a question, the top barrels are the Boomsticks, but they rely on paint-fit to a vast degree, Freak kits (and similar) allow a very good paint fit, which is the most important thing.

>Paint balls ?

Um another can of worms, Diablo, Sheridan and Zap apear to be the front runners. We use Diablo (inferno or Blaze, depending on how rich we feel), and find it very good, but sponsorship is often the reason for paint choice above all.

>This may be a dumb question, but I take it that all barrels are >smoothbore ?

I think so...

>I've ordered the 'What Paintball' guide, but I'd like some >opinions
>from people in the know !!

Um well you have my opinion instead I'm afraid, maybe somebody who actaully knows will post as well.

I hope that little lot is of some help, and will give you somewhere to start

Richard Kirke

Simon Team Animal

Jul 6, 2001
Hey buddy

Hi Richard,

How are you, havn't heard from you in a long while. My hotmail address is corrupted.

After weeks of nagging I have the list of walk-on players for Skirmish Lasham (cheer)
They have build a new woodland village, very flash.

There is a game end of October, but I fear your back at uni???

Speak to ya later

Simon:D

Mador

lurkin' in a dark place
Aug 7, 2001
Selby ...near York.
Visit site
If you want to see the tourney players at work and have all your questions answered see if your local site sponsors a team.If so go down on a practice day and have a look at their kit and talk to the players.....in most cases you'll get a warm reception.

If not there will be a tourney near you soon......check out ukpsf site....go down and ask someone where to start.....you'll be pointed in the right direction.

Regards....

mador

permboy

Aug 14, 2001
Birmingham
Go along to the site again if u have any questions about kit. That's what were there for m8. Ask the marshalls and stuff.
just to say that i wouldn't really start to buy ur own gun until u've played quite a bit. But i would recommend that u start to buy ur own kit e.g. battlepack, mask, playing clothes stuff like that.

Also u can book angels if u get a group together and that is a good way to get experince with an angel. i think it's a top gun myself although i wouldn't say no to a cocker.

Anyways glad to hear u had a goo time m8

Cu soon

Mario