Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Lock-lid Compatible?

O

ollytheosteo

Lock lids are both wider and longer than everyone else's flip lids, but any pack with elastic loops and pouch ends will usually be fine, it's only those with cloth loops that are a close fit to a normal pod that can be a bit tricky. Some of the cloth pouch ends come up a bit short and getting a good closure with the velcro can be difficult. Great pots though:)

SAMUEL.D.RYAN

one.man.band
Mar 17, 2007
Cambridge/Huntingdon
They are longer as they have a larger capacity, and are possibly slightly wider too (someone else can confirm this?). I really like locklids and think their opening method is great, but they are an absolute bitch to get in the Dye C5 Pack.

Compared to other packs the C5 doesn't make getting pods in easy anyway, but I do struggle with the locklids whereas normal 140 pods aren't too bad.

-Will
I think thats to do with the idea that dye had when they were designing the pack. To my knowledge, they designed them so you could put pods in when it wasn't attached to you (off the field) so that the ejection system and profile reduction system could be made at a greated elasticity.

I hope you understand what i mean, it's probably a bit messy...

Big Mac

My Custom User Title
Oct 19, 2006
York
During the Big Game i went too get a pod out of my pack ( locklid ) and i accidently pulled the Lock on pod as i was pulling it out, and 160 balls fell onto the back of my ankles. Wasnt too happy to be honest as i only had one pod left after that.

Apart from that ive had no problems.
how do you pull the "lock" - you gotta push it down - which when your pulling the pot out is quite difficult to do as it is the opposite direction:confused:

Big Mac

My Custom User Title
Oct 19, 2006
York
dropping them does often cause them to open - saw 2 from my mates fall out of his pack and they opened - also i lobbed one to a teammate out of paint - hit the ground and just burst open:confused:

i just dont understand how it can happen whilst pulling it out